• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

New nation wide lockdown.

Neath_Jack said:
PSumbler said:
Each country doing their own thing now is just purely for political superiority for those that feel they need to express it

Would be just better sitting down and agreeing a consistent approach and action between them but unfortunately that involves them working together and each of them are as incompetent as each other...

Got to disagree with this.

In fairness to Drakers, he didn't wait for bumbling Boris to get his act together.

Boris tried styling it out, and got it wrong. Again.

There's no way of slowing this down unless we go through lockdown(s).

We can't rely on people to stick to the basics.

I've been in with Consultants for the past 3 weeks, they fully expect to be overrun the way things are going.

Prior to wave one, we had a clear run at it, i.e. critical care beds were empty (not totally obviously), going into wave 2, we still have the hangover of patients from wave 1, plus winter months is always when they are under the greatest strain.

Agree with this. The narrative is that they’re all trying to outdo each other is tired and increasingly irrelevant now.

exiledclaseboy said:
Neath_Jack said:

In fairness to Drakers, he didn't wait for bumbling Boris to get his act together.

I've been in with Consultants for the past 3 weeks, they fully expect to be overrun the way things are going.

Prior to wave one, we had a clear run at it, i.e. critical care beds were empty (not totally obviously), going into wave 2, we still have the hangover of patients from wave 1, plus winter months is always when they are under the greatest strain.

Agree with this. The narrative is that they’re all trying to outdo each other is tired and increasingly irrelevant now.

The last thing we need right now is to be asking the Welsh Government if they could be as incompetent as Westminster for the sake of parity.

exiledclaseboy said:
Still waiting.
well, it's just been announced here in England, that full lockdown will start on Thursday 5th Nov until Wed 2nd Dec and most of it sounds pretty much the same as April except that all educational establishments will remain open. Whoopee. 😩

Neath_Jack said:
PSumbler said:
Each country doing their own thing now is just purely for political superiority for those that feel they need to express it

Would be just better sitting down and agreeing a consistent approach and action between them but unfortunately that involves them working together and each of them are as incompetent as each other...

Oh I totally agree that the way to do it is to go through lockdown

But to all go through lockdown at the same time and with the same rules. Otherwise it is doomed to fail.

You are right in that we didnt wait but at the same time we haven't exactly seem our FM cover himself in total glory in the way that it has played out.

Now we have the crazy situation that Wales will come out of lockdown just a few days after England starts theirs. Bumbling Boris has already said that they will go back into their 3 tier system when it ends, we are losing our local lockdowns.

There needs to be one tact going on here not several and whether people think it is relevant or not there is a whole load of people posturing over it at the same time as making seemingly important decisions.

And I fully accept that the "unprecedented times" discussion that always follows :lol:

And to add rather than edit, this lockdown has been visible to pretty much most people as being essential for at least a month, I'm just glad I dont need to make the decisions that have to be made to support those most impacted by it

karnataka said:
exiledclaseboy said:
Still waiting.
well, it's just been announced here in England, that full lockdown will start on Thursday 5th Nov until Wed 2nd Dec and most of it sounds pretty much the same as April except that all educational establishments will remain open. Whoopee. 😩

One of the problems with keeping schools open is that thousands of parents, in order to work, depend on grandparents to act as child minders. This entails grandparents taking a child or children to school, collecting them when school finishes and then taking them home to await the parents.
As a result the grandparents, many of whom are in the vulnerable age group, are putting themselves at greater risk in catching the virus.

Lifelong said:
karnataka said:

One of the problems with keeping schools open is that thousands of parents, in order to work, depend on grandparents to act as child minders. This entails grandparents taking a child or children to school, collecting them when school finishes and then taking them home to await the parents.
As a result the grandparrents, many of whom are in the vulnerable age group, are putting themselves at greater risk in catching the virus.

You’re not wrong, this is a big risk factor.

Lifelong said:
karnataka said:

As a result the grandparents, many of whom are in the vulnerable age group, are putting themselves at greater risk in catching the virus.

This forum can be a right ballache at times, asking to login after you’ve typed you’re reply and then not posting it. :(. Just me?

Anyway, I thought under the first lockdown employers had to be flexible with parents and primary care givers and that furlough, which has now been extended in England due to the latest lockdown, was to include part time hours so it would be worth parents speaking to their employers about that if they’re worried about exposing grandparents.

Drakeford has missed a trick with Furlough though. Now that Bozo has announced an extension does Wales qualify being as we are going it alone?

Itchysphincter said:
This forum can be a right ballache at times, asking to login after you’ve typed you’re reply and then not posting it. :(. Just me?

Anyway, I thought under the first lockdown employers had to be flexible with parents and primary care givers and that furlough, which has now been extended in England due to the latest lockdown, was to include part time hours so it would be worth parents speaking to their employers about that if they’re worried about exposing grandparents.

Drakeford has missed a trick with Furlough though. Now that Bozo has announced an extension does Wales qualify being as we are going it alone?

He didn’t miss a trick. They English government refused to extend it for Wales cos they were never having another lockdown in England because second lockdowns were a really stupid idea. Until yesterday, when second lockdowns became absolutely the right thing to do. So to answer your question - yes.

Itchysphincter said:

There was an issue with this a few weeks back but I thought it had been resolved - it was a cookie issue

Itchysphincter said:

tick the remember me box when you log in

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back