• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Next Seasons Squad

Skippyjack

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
Goalkeeper -
Hamer
Benda

Defenders -
Bennett
Cabango
Latibeaudiere
Cooper
Naughton
Bidwell
Roberts
Manning
Freeman

Midfielders -
Grimes
Fulton
Smith
Dhanda
Byers

Forwards -
Lowe
Whittaker
Cullen
Cooper

I'd get shot of the fraud as manager (which they won't)..

Stick with Benda as GK, get rid of Dhanda and Byers, give Cullen a loan to League Two (that's where his ability is right now) sign a forward and hope we don't face the drop, that's the reality of our situation right now, this league is not for blooding youngsters like Dhanda, Byers, Cullen, Coopers, Whittaker, as we'll end up in League One with them spearheading us.

I'm not holding my breath with these owners though

If Cooper stays we still will have the loan option but maybe with reduced budget to get the right deals done.

Pivotal moment for the owners.. Invest or sell and move on whichever they ned to decide !

Maybe today was the last match for the Swans for 6 or 7 players

Ringwood Jack said:
If Cooper stays we still will have the loan option but maybe with reduced budget to get the right deals done.

Pivotal moment for the owners.. Invest or sell and move on whichever they ned to decide !

Maybe today was the last match for the Swans for 6 or 7 players

I'm glad that Woodman and Hourihane are no longer our problem, but I fear Woodman will be loaned to us again

With every year that passes Cooper loses a step in regards to the players he knew so well with England.

The club will have to pull their finger out and stop going to that well.

Skippyjack said:
Goalkeeper -
Hamer
Benda

Defenders -
Bennett
Cabango
Latibeaudiere
Cooper
Naughton
Bidwell
Roberts
Manning
Freeman

Midfielders -
Grimes
Fulton
Smith
Dhanda
Byers

Forwards -
Lowe
Whittaker
Cullen
Cooper

Stick with Benda as GK, get rid of Dhanda and Byers, give Cullen a loan to League Two (that's where his ability is right now) sign a forward and hope we don't face the drop, that's the reality of our situation right now, this league is not for blooding youngsters like Dhanda, Byers, Cullen, Coopers, Whittaker, as we'll end up in League One with them spearheading us.

That squad less of of course minus at least one player that would command a fee. Roberts,Grimes and Cabango.

Let's be honest we were punching to get in the play offs, we are screwed next season.

If naughton starts for us next season then I really have given up all hope on any common sense. Why the fuck have we stuck with him for so long? Get a bloody defender in who is not scared to stick the boot in for fuck sake

We are top heavy with journeymen for sure. A few we shouldn't are brought in and a few been here a little too long .

Next season will be the acid test !

If you look at that squad we are shockingly light on wingers and creative midfielders as well as an established striker to lead the line.

On the other side we are practically bursting at the seams with "safe and steady" defensive minded midfielders which does say a great deal about Cooper's style of play.

Unfortunately there is next to no doubt in my mind that someone will come in for Roberts this summer, a wingback with end product and an engine like his will have plenty of admirers from the Premier League.

I am not as clued up as some will be on the prospects from the U18s and U23s from this season who might make the step up next season, I have seen glimpses of Oli Cooper and he has always seemed very progressive and good going forward.

I am not ready to give up on the likes of Cullen or Whittaker just yet, lets face it Cooperball does not really play to Cullen's strengths. His best games have all come when we have played quick football on the deck letting him pick it up and distribute the ball before getting into the box and using his movement and one touch finishing (see the cup game vs Forest).

However to get that kind of football will require a significant shift in philosophy from the fare offered up the last two seasons...

I'd be surprised if we see Grimes and Roberts here nex season. Cabango is the only other one likely to command a decent fee, but we may manage to keep a hold of him for another season. Grimes has been criticized by some for the past couple of seasons, but just you wait until he's gone, it would be a huge, huge blow, believe you me.

Skippyjack said:
Goalkeeper -
Hamer
Benda

Defenders -
Bennett
Cabango
Latibeaudiere
Cooper
Naughton
Bidwell
Roberts
Manning
Freeman

Midfielders -
Grimes
Fulton
Smith
Dhanda
Byers

Forwards -
Lowe
Whittaker
Cullen
Cooper

I fear Cabango and Roberts may go to new clubs

and no dount roberts, cabango and grimes would demand decent fees. We will be fine. Boring and uninspiring but fine

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back