• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Next three games

bakajack

Ivor Allchurch
Reaction score
Will tell us a lot about how much of a corner we have turned.

Sunderland (H) , Burnley (A) and Reading (H)

Three games against three more playoff rivals (since that's where we are right now its fair to call them that!). We just saw off one tonight, if we win 2 out of the next 3 I would be very happy with a return of 9 from 12 against those four sides.

4pts from next 9 would be alright - a fair return from a difficult run

Sunderland aren't that good ! Nothing we can't handle IMO.
Reading and Burnley are bigger challenges but let's back ourselves

Don't know what to expect tbf. Wasn't expecting 6 points from two tough away fixtures.

Reading are in a false position. Nothing in them at all, as long as we don't repeat our two suicide performances from last season. Sundo are probably the best of the three strangely enough. Burnley are a solid outfit, nothing more, but they will probably nick it at home. I'm thinking 4 points and a return to Earth. It'll still be17 from 9 which is excellent form. Get 7 and we'll be right up the chuff of the top two.

BarryTownSwan said:
Sunderland aren't that good ! Nothing we can't handle IMO.
Reading and Burnley are bigger challenges but let's back ourselves

Neither are Burnley, won less games than we have , but a drawn a ridiculous amount . After the last 2 performances and results we shouldn't be worried about anyone.

Reading have form for starting well then dropping off at a rate of knots. They're beatable. As are Sunderland. Sunderland's top scorer is currently out injured and they haven't scored for two games.

Burnley may be a tougher nut to crack.

Magic_Michu said:
4pts from next 9 would be alright - a fair return from a difficult run

That's my thinking too. Hope for 4 and anything else is a bonus. Recent results have been brilliant, but it's not like we're blowing teams away or playing them off the park, they've all been tight games (apart from Hull). Some of these close games are bound to go against us.

We've won the last 3 games and 4 of the last 5. My biggest hope is that we don't revert to what usually happened last season, a good run of form followed by a bad run and never finding consistency.

Don't get me wrong and I'm not moaning for the sake of it and a win is a win but our wins don't feel very solid if you get my drift, like the results could of gone either way, riding our luck a bit, which we need. Hopefully this run will bolster the lads confidence and we become even more solid in our play and cut out the defensive mistakes. Maybe I'm just over thinking it.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
Don't get me wrong and I'm not moaning for the sake of it and a win is a win but our wins don't feel very solid if you get my drift, like the results could of gone either way, riding our luck a bit, which we need. Hopefully this run will bolster the lads confidence and we become even more solid in our play and cut out the defensive mistakes. Maybe I'm just over thinking it.

Could argue that we have had that bad luck already earlier in the season and this was just it balancing out.

That said however I can get where you are coming from even though there have been noticeable improvements in performances overall we haven't truly clicked yet.

Dr. Winston said:
Reading have form for starting well then dropping off at a rate of knots. They're beatable. As are Sunderland. Sunderland's top scorer is currently out injured and they haven't scored for two games.

Burnley may be a tougher nut to crack.

The reason that Sunderland haven't scored in their last two games is because both of their strikers are out injured. What a shame.

TheLoneRanger said:
Andy Carroll is back playing for Reading. 😁

And that's what worries me. He's over the hill but has a phenomenal scoring record against us and will be looking forward to bullying our young defence.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back