• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

NO GOALS AGAIN

Obafemi made an impact and will hopefully find his shooting boots soon. We're getting there, slowly.

Jacket said:
Obafemi made an impact and will hopefully find his shooting boots soon. We're getting there, slowly.

Slow being the main description. We are far too slow in possession, and there's very little pass and move and little triangles. Nearly everything last night and last Saturday was played in front of the defenders making it easy for them. We are so slow in possession that by the time we get the ball 30 yards from the opposition goal, they have got 10 men behind the ball.

I can count 3 times we shouldve scored and 0 times they shouldve
If we won 3-0 we wouldnt be talking about slow build up or lack of creativity we'd all be licking Martins brown eye
So shut up with all the negativity its boring
90% of you all said youd take a rebuild season and signs of improvement halfway through the season but then also expect us to be smashing most teams when we're weeks behind in preparation
If you cant handle things atm, go watch the prem and come back in a few months and stop making me ashamed of being associated with you lot

JackBaston said:
If we won 3-0 we wouldnt be talking about slow build up or lack of creativity we'd all be licking Martins brown eye
90% of you all said youd take a rebuild season and signs of improvement halfway through the season but then also expect us to be smashing most teams when we're weeks behind in preparation
If you cant handle things atm, go watch the prem and come back in a few months and stop making me ashamed of being associated with you lot

Come on, there’s no point in not trying to analyse the games mun. It’s what the board is for. Everyone can surely see we need more tempo and aggressive intent from the outset at home? We aren’t going to take every chance so we’re never going to win 3-0. Even if we had we’d need more urgency and tempo. That was just as boring and tedious as anything under Cooper. The difference is (I hope) that this is the bottom of the ladder, whereas Cooper had maxed out. Being at the bottom of a ladder doesn’t mean we can’t bitch about at least aspiring to move up a few rungs. I don’t mind admitting I was bored senseless last night again.

Ps I’m a big supporter of Martin’s ideas and would happily give him two seasons to develop them and himself rather than wasting our time on someone like Cooper or his ilk.

Having two fullbacks playing as wingers isnt exactly helping our creativity.
Hoping Ntcham comes good and we can play both Piroe and Obafemi in the next few games.

monmouth said:
JackBaston said:

Come on, there’s no point in not trying to analyse the games mun. It’s what the board is for. Everyone can surely see we need more tempo and aggressive intent from the outset at home? We aren’t going to take every chance so we’re never going to win 3-0. Even if we had we’d need more urgency and tempo. That was just as boring and tedious as anything under Cooper. The difference is (I hope) that this is the bottom of the ladder, whereas Cooper had maxed out. Being at the bottom of a ladder doesn’t mean we can’t bitch about at least aspiring to move up a few rungs. I don’t mind admitting I was bored senseless last night again.

It was frustrating because we didnt score, 0-0s are crap
Doesnt mean it wasnt better than any match I watched under Cooper
Yeah there needs a bit more tempo, but we did more than enough in the game to win it
Its going to be frustrating for a while, doesnt mean I want to hear everyone moan constantly about the time it takes to get to Disneyland

monmouth said:
JackBaston said:

Ps I’m a big supporter of Martin’s ideas and would happily give him two seasons to develop them and himself rather than wasting our time on someone like Cooper or his ilk.

Last night wasn't great but I honestly enjoyed it as a game much more than the average performance we turned out under Cooper. I came away from the ground reasonably optimistic. I can't say I was optimistic after many games under cooper, even when we won.

AceJack said:
monmouth said:

Last night wasn't great but I honestly enjoyed it as a game much more than the average performance we turned out under Cooper. I came away from the ground reasonably optimistic. I can't say I was optimistic after many games under cooper, even when we won.

Fair enough. I was restricted to a 13 inch screen, which never captures what is happening, plus the red mist of watching Grimes, with what looked like 20 yards of space in front of him on said screen, pass 15 yards backwards might have meant perspective lost.

J_B said:
If Ntcham is going to play as a number 10 he’s going to have to play a pass that might lead to a chance sooner or later. He clearly has talent but his passing stats must be very high because he always plays the safe ball. Walsh set Obafemi up within 5 minutes of coming on with an excellent pass and looked a better playmaker straight away.

Kevin De Bruyne's passing stats were at best average last season, because he was prepared to play a lot of risky passes to the other players, and got a lot of assists that way. Can our manager put together a video of them and show them to Ntcham?

Glyn1 said:
Kevin De Bruyne's passing stats were at best average last season, because he was prepared to play a lot of risky passes to the other players, and got a lot of assists that way. Can our manager put together a video of them and show them to Ntcham?

The obsession with bullshit stats like "pass completion" is a plague on modern football.

Ross said:
Badlands said:
More chances created tonight than in 27 games last season!

Astounds me how short some people’s memories are. We’re people seriously happy last year when we’d have 2 shots to the oppositions 20 but somehow snuck a 1-0 win!? Bore off like. If one of those chances hit the back of the net last night people would have been creaming themselves about the performance. Manage your expectations people.

If Millwall had stuck one of their chances away you may thinking very differently as they missed the best chance of the match

Dr. Winston said:
Glyn1 said:

The obsession with bullshit stats like "pass completion" is a plague on modern football.

Absolutely spot on, the only thing that matters is whether you have scored more goals than the opposition. It doesn't matter if you have 60, 70 or 80 per cent of the ball if you have lost the match.

Swans played with 9 men all game as Paterson and Manning were AWOL. That didn’t help. Just wish Obafemi had more than 30 minutes.

EagleEye said:
Ross said:
Astounds me how short some people’s memories are. We’re people seriously happy last year when we’d have 2 shots to the oppositions 20 but somehow snuck a 1-0 win!? Bore off like. If one of those chances hit the back of the net last night people would have been creaming themselves about the performance. Manage your expectations people.

If Millwall had stuck one of their chances away you may thinking very differently as they missed the best chance of the match

And if my auntie had balls she would be my uncle.

We created far more chances that millwall and hull, as the point states if one had gone in on weds and last sat we would be well up the league and possibly won by more as both sides would have had to come out to get a goal.

Once we start scoring it will all come good and I think it will happen sat as luton won't sit back.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back