• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Not the Top 20 Podcast

They did say our defence looks very shaky including Tymon and Key

And I can't see their prediction of Watford being 24th either

Surely the scum are set to be better than they were last season?
I think most of us agree, but the lads on the podcast basically said that they don't think Bulut is

a) As good as results suggested last year
b) There for the long-term

They are an odd little club. I thought as a not-so neutral observer that Bulut was doing pretty well there, but he only just stayed on after last season and there's lots of chat about him leaving any second. Seems strange to sign a load of big names and then let the manager piss off

They were pretty spot on with predictions last season… they had Ipswich on for Top 2 before a ball was kicked - I think they nailed the entire Top 6 perfectly

They were pretty spot on with predictions last season… they had Ipswich on for Top 2 before a ball was kicked - I think they nailed the entire Top 6 perfectly

For their League 2 prediction las year, they had Crawley relegated, in fact they were promoted, so they are not perfect.

For their League 2 prediction las year, they had Crawley relegated, in fact they were promoted, so they are not perfect.
Tbf, virtually everyone had Crawley down last season. I think NTT20 were pretty open that League 2 is pretty impossible to call, but they really did drop a bollocks on them last season.

Favourites to go down from League 1 this season too, bless them. Can't get a break.

Tbf, virtually everyone had Crawley down last season. I think NTT20 were pretty open that League 2 is pretty impossible to call, but they really did drop a bollocks on them last season.

Favourites to go down from League 1 this season too, bless them. Can't get a break.
Reminds me of us when we won League 1 at a canter and were made one of the favourites to get relegated from the Championship. Roberto had a solid season before he was poached/abandoned us (depends on who you ask) by Wigan. We were tipped for relegation again when Sousa took over and was actually in with a shout of the playoffs despite his ultra negative boring ass football.

No surprises we were also tipped for relegation when we got to the Premier League, for like 4 seasons running.

Reminds me of us when we won League 1 at a canter and were made one of the favourites to get relegated from the Championship. Roberto had a solid season before he was poached/abandoned us (depends on who you ask) by Wigan. We were tipped for relegation again when Sousa took over and was actually in with a shout of the playoffs despite his ultra negative boring ass football.

No surprises we were also tipped for relegation when we got to the Premier League, for like 4 seasons running.

A lot of people within football and in the football media were very threatened by what we did starting with Roberto because it took every prejudice they held about the EFL (muck and nettles, huff and puff, get stuck in football is the only thing that gets results) and made them look very stupid indeed. What we did was challenge those assumptions and showed that you don't have to kick your way up to the Premier League. No Swansea, no Bournemouth Brighton or Brentford years later. Simple as.

A large part of the reason we were tipped for relegation 4 years straight was pure jealousy and resentment - there we were playing like Barcelona on a shoestring budget, while much bigger clubs were spaffing cash on big name former Premier League players and failing whilst serving up absolute crap (cough * Birmingham, Wolves, Cardiff * cough).

I think it's highly unlikely we'll manage it again under these owners and the dickheads running the club for them, but you never know. Maybe one day we can do it again, on our own terms. That would be nice.

Where do people consider Martinez in the modern pantheon of managers? Top of the lot? Below Rodgers and Laudrup?

They did say our defence looks very shaky including Tymon and Key

Key and Tymon are net positives with their attacking abilities, we know that's what LW prefers anyway.

NTT also had Jerry Yates as their best bet for leading the league in goals last year, take that as you will.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back