• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Just Stop Oil

I’d say that the point of protesting is to make change aligned to the goals of the organisation making the protest.

JSO won’t accomplish that by throwing paint over Stonehenge or by getting criminal records.
I don’t suppose they expect to but people are talking about it. Job done.

My point is that you wouldn’t be shouting power to the people if you were the one impacted by their actions.

You also won’t be on here holding Tommy Robinson in high admiration next time he protests for what he believes in.

The right to protest is protected by ECHR, however it does not extend to criminal acts and causing damage to property, belongings, infrastructure.
Well aye, I’d no doubt be pissed off being caught up in it. I’m not a nimby though, so I’d just have to suck it up in the name of people power.

You can disagree with what people are protesting about, as I often do, but that’s also okay isn’t it?

Criminal acts will be dealt with, don’t see what the problem is, those that break the law will and are getting done.

Power to the people.

Well aye, I’d no doubt be pissed off being caught up in it. I’m not a nimby though, so I’d just have to suck it up in the name of people power.

You can disagree with what people are protesting about, as I often do, but that’s also okay isn’t it?

Criminal acts will be dealt with, don’t see what the problem is, those that break the law will and are getting done.

Power to the people.
Or powder to the people perhaps... 👍

I don’t suppose they expect to but people are talking about it. Job done.
They won’t see it as job done as their goal of stopping fossil fuel projects has not been realised. JSO attract far more negative attention for their approach to the issue than they do for positivity surrounding their progress, and that’s the sad part.

Power to the people.
That’s where our views differ then, I don’t condone the overstepping of the mark in the name of free protest.

They won’t see it as job done as their goal of stopping fossil fuel projects has not been realised. JSO attract far more negative attention for their approach to the issue than they do for positivity surrounding their progress, and that’s the sad part.
The point of protest,most protest anyway, is to draw attention to a cause. I’m pretty sure whoever chucked whatever they chucked at whatever the painting was wasn’t thinking “this’ll sort it. There’ll be no fossil fuels this time tomorrow”.

That’s where our views differ then, I don’t condone the overstepping of the mark in the name of free protest.
If people cared enough about the planet as some do about a poxy picture, we may have a chance not completely destroying it.

If people cared enough about the planet as some do about a poxy picture, we may have a chance not completely destroying it.
Seriously? the UK seems to be the only country hell bent on this carbon neutral nonsense, GB cause less than 1% carbon emissions yet are the country doing anything about it, its a joke its all about getting more and more money out of the hard working tax payer, they need to do things that will actually improve the amount of pollution that are destroying our water course's and poisoning the land, get that right and go from there, the thing is that they ignore that cause it won't do anything to influence the other countries, plus the industries who are causing the pollution is paying massive bucks into the governments coffers, carbon neutral is a massive con!

The point of protest,most protest anyway, is to draw attention to a cause. I’m pretty sure whoever chucked whatever they chucked at whatever the painting was wasn’t thinking “this’ll sort it. There’ll be no fossil fuels this time tomorrow”.
Agree with this.
It's when the bullets start flying when a peaceful protest doesn't fit with the government "at the time" agenda, then it goes badly wrong

Individuals literally get away with murder.

Throwing lentil soup over a painting is a better way of getting your point across every time
#freederry 🕊

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back