• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Just Stop Oil

Good luck to them if they want to throw soup over a painting or even jump on a snooker table a chuck some powder around, but they really shouldn't be obstructing the highway, good publicity for them, and a pain in the ass for someone on thier way to B&M to buy some potted plants but it could mean life or death in some circumstances.
Just my opinion 🤷
That’s more than a painting it’s a van Gogh ffs and he’s a fellow amputee.

That’s more than a painting it’s a van Gogh ffs and he’s a fellow amputee.
Nah its just a painting, I spilt soup on my Coldplay tee shirt the other day and it washed out fine.
Who the fuk is van Gog anyway? Never eared of him 🤭

Of course it’s power to the people. And obviously it’s beyond awful if any innocents health is affected as per the person you suggested. Do you think they set out to do that?

Do you think there will be numerous people who will miss appointments, have their day spoiled because of the anti immigration protests tomorrow?

Let’s ban it all is it?

I’ve nothing but admiration for people who get up off their arses and go and go and protest about things they feel strongly about. Do I agree with what they all protest about, or their methods? Of course I don’t.

Power to the people.
This does not really address the point, so let's be more direct. If you are that guy on the M25, are you really going to be sat there thinking to yourself that this is acceptable and that they never set out to cause this chaos? I can't see you dropping the window and nodding in approval.

I think you're mixing up the right to protest (which I agree with) with the way the protest is conducted; two completely different topics.

It was an industrial wood chipper but yes. 😂
:LOL: Why would a Grimsby trawler be carrying a wood chipper? It's hunting for fish, not tackling deforestation in rural Lincolnshire.

This does not really address the point, so let's be more direct. If you are that guy on the M25, are you really going to be sat there thinking to yourself that this is acceptable and that they never set out to cause this chaos? I can't see you dropping the window and nodding in approval.

I think you're mixing up the right to protest (which I agree with) with the way the protest is conducted; two completely different topics.
One thing that is lost in the discussion (and I'm not a fan of their tactics myself) they are trying to alert the low information poulation of the dire threat of climate change. They'd be better of pushing fact sheets through letterboxes or paying for adverts giving the facts.

Weve just seen loss of life in Europe and the US purely down to early stage climate change...wait til it gets going properly.

Not sure what your point is to be honest. You don’t like the way they protest and what?

I’m not a fan of some of their stunts either, but that’s part and parcel of living in a country which just about lets free protest.

I’ll say it again, good on them for standing up to be counted. Power to the people.

Not sure what your point is to be honest. You don’t like the way they protest and what?

I’m not a fan of some of their stunts either, but that’s part and parcel of living in a country which just about lets free protest.

I’ll say it again, good on them for standing up to be counted. Power to the people.
My point is that you wouldn’t be shouting power to the people if you were the one impacted by their actions.

You also won’t be on here holding Tommy Robinson in high admiration next time he protests for what he believes in.

The right to protest is protected by ECHR, however it does not extend to criminal acts and causing damage to property, belongings, infrastructure.

One thing that is lost in the discussion (and I'm not a fan of their tactics myself) they are trying to alert the low information poulation of the dire threat of climate change. They'd be better of pushing fact sheets through letterboxes or paying for adverts giving the facts.

Weve just seen loss of life in Europe and the US purely down to early stage climate change...wait til it gets going properly.
Correct. If they carry on with this malarkey they will lose more credibility than they gain.

My point is that you wouldn’t be shouting power to the people if you were the one impacted by their actions.

You also won’t be on here holding Tommy Robinson in high admiration next time he protests for what he believes in.

The right to protest is protected by ECHR, however it does not extend to criminal acts and causing damage to property, belongings, infrastructure.
The whole point of protesting is to make an impact.

The whole point of protesting is to make an impact.
I’d say that the point of protesting is to make change aligned to the goals of the organisation making the protest.

JSO won’t accomplish that by throwing paint over Stonehenge or by getting criminal records.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back