• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Optimistic?

Itchysphincter

Ivor Allchurch
Reaction score
Or not?

24-25 season.

I always think we’ll win every game before thudding down to earth with a feeling that we’re so much better than our last few managers have shown.

This season my expectations have been curbed, but I’m still cautiously confident of a top half finish and a little flirt with the playoffs.

I’m surprised that the consensus is that we’ll be lucky to escape Boro without having a tuning today.

I think we’ll fucking smash ‘em!!! 😁

A win would be nice just to get momentum and stay in touch. I know it's a long season but it's a long way back if you lose your first few games and the likes of Sheffield U, Burnley and Leeds are smashing it.

Not sure why the majority are thinking we’ll be worse than last year

We’ve bought 3 outfield players who on paper improve the starting 11 and have shipped out a lot of the underperforming players from last year (mostly loans)

The only concern for me is the lack of depth, but I honestly think we’ll be get another 3/4 in before the end of the window which will improve the bench. We definitely need 1 or 2 game changers on the bench (pace needed)

If Eom Ji Sung & Vipotnik turn out as well as hoped I think we should be aiming to push for the playoffs or atleast top 10

We finished a few points off playoffs under Martin, I think we can do better with Williams.

The jury is still out for me. Depends who else we can bring in before the window closes, because the squad is still thin. If we could get Rushworth back and sign two or three more quality players, loanees or permanent, I'd say top half finish. At the moment, I'm seeing bottom third.

Or not?

24-25 season.

I always think we’ll win every game before thudding down to earth with a feeling that we’re so much better than our last few managers have shown.

This season my expectations have been curbed, but I’m still cautiously confident of a top half finish and a little flirt with the playoffs.

I’m surprised that the consensus is that we’ll be lucky to escape Boro without having a tuning today.

I think we’ll fucking smash ‘em!!! 😁
If Fulton is in the starting line up my optimism will fall through the floor .

The jury is still out for me. Depends who else we can bring in before the window closes, because the squad is still thin. If we could get Rushworth back and sign two or three more quality players, loanees or permanent, I'd say top half finish. At the moment, I'm seeing bottom third.
I'd rather we gave our brand new keeper a chance than sign someone on loan from another club.

I think we may have a season of shipping goals. I'm not really confident of us being solid at the back.

Depends what you class as optimism.

I'm optimistic that we won't be quite as bad this season as we were last year. Mainly because we've got a coach who has a clear plan and knows what he's doing.

But I'm not expecting us to trouble the top half, unless we miraculously manage to sign two top notch centre backs.

Scoring goals won't be an issue; keeping them out will.

As I said the other day though, after last season I'll happily take a solid 13th-16th with no real dramas.

We need an Ashley Williams type centre back. Experienced and with an idea to organise things at the back.
We missed the boat not going for Scott McKenna, should have payed him a bit more as he was a free agent.

Nailed on he’ll start, so start preparing 🤣
Oh no , between the weather and Fulton starting, I've really gone into my shell. If he continues to start can see another 7 game winless start to the season.

We missed the boat not going for Scott McKenna, should have payed him a bit more as he was a free agent.
Celtic inquired, and were absolutely gobsmacked at the amount his agent was asking for in salary.
Make of this what you will...

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back