• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Our squad

• Thread starter Ross
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 8
  • Views: Views 827

Ross

Reserve Team Player
Reaction score
Clearly we have some good players, but the strength in depth is appalling. 2 years of relying on loans rather than developing our own players has ruined us. I think Martin will need at least 3 more transfer windows before he gets the squad to where he wants it to be. Patience is a must, because the players he has been left with are simply not up to the standards required.

Many sides in the Championship can't afford strength in depth.

Look at Cardiff for example, Derby, Blackburn etc. They all have little strength in depth. Naturally those with cash do like QPR, WBA, Stoke and top two.

Ross said:
Clearly we have some good players, but the strength in depth is appalling. 2 years of relying on loans rather than developing our own players has ruined us. I think Martin will need at least 3 more transfer windows before he gets the squad to where he wants it to be. Patience is a must, because the players he has been left with are simply not up to the standards required.

We have developed plenty of our own players over the last few years, and far more than most teams. Unfortunately those players have been sold on to balance the books and i guess to keep the club as financially sound as possible.

I’m not just saying this due to his goal today, as I’ve seen both players play several times, but the decision to loan out Whittaker, while we play Cullen is criminal.

The boy needs to drop a level to play, Whittaker can make an impact off the bench.

cmajack said:
Ross said:

We have developed plenty of our own players over the last few years, and far more than most teams. Unfortunately those players have been sold on to balance the books and i guess to keep the club as financially sound as possible.

The last 2 years our teams mainly consisted of 4/5 loan players in most games. I know we’ve developed plenty of youth players of our own, but specifically in the last 2 years we’ve developed mainly other teams youngsters rather than signing players we could have developed and turned in to assets.

We’ll always be a selling club, developing and selling assets is the way most clubs of our stature need to operate. Unfortunately, there aren’t many assets left due to this lack of permanent signings over the past 2 years. I like RM’s vision, but it’ll take a while to implement fully.

A4Jack said:
Many sides in the Championship can't afford strength in depth.

Look at Cardiff for example, Derby, Blackburn etc. They all have little strength in depth. Naturally those with cash do like QPR, WBA, Stoke and top two.

Obviously the clubs with more clout will have more strength in depth than the likes of us. But our options off the bench and beyond are completely sub standard. You’d expect a little bit of quality in the squad, but our options beyond the first 11 there is literally nothing. League 1 and 2 quality players.

Risc said:
I’m not just saying this due to his goal today, as I’ve seen both players play several times, but the decision to loan out Whittaker, while we play Cullen is criminal.

The boy needs to drop a level to play, Whittaker can make an impact off the bench.

Completely agree, I can only assume that this is a financially orientated decision.

Martin hopeful of a couple of new players in by Huddersfield next week, Fisher & O Riley?

Swansea93 said:
Martin hopeful of a couple of new players in by Huddersfield next week, Fisher & O Riley?

From what I’ve read O’Riley can’t get done due to financials. Fisher more than likely but the biggest job for Winter and Co now is getting some off wage bill as we need reinforcements big time.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back