• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Pakistan v England Test Series ...

Another great session to watch - England 180 for 5 at lunch on Day 1

Much turn on this pitch as well - Leach, Jacks and Root will have a big part to play even with Wood back in the team

7 wickets for Abrar on debut - still on for a 10... :eek:

Well this ain't going to day 5 😂
Still fancy England to get a slight first innings lead (first session crucial).
Need to rein it in 2nd innings on this wicket, but a 280 lead will be enough on this strip...

Swanjaxs said:
Need to rein it in 2nd innings on this wicket, but a 280 lead will be enough on this strip...

What a difference in two test match pitches. This one will be turning square by tomorrow evening.

exiledclaseboy said:
What a difference in two test match pitches. This one will be turning square by tomorrow evening.

What a difference a few millimetres of straw like grass makes on a pitch in Pakistan aye.
I'm still backing England 👍

Swanjaxs said:
What a difference a few millimetres of straw like grass makes on a pitch in Pakistan aye.
I'm still backing England 👍

I wouldn’t write off this England team in any situation at the moment. The only thing we do know is that they won’t play for a draw, not that such a thing is likely to be possible in this game a way.

Swanjaxs said:

You’ve called this spot on so far mush. First session crucial, bingo. Rein it in a bit second innings, bang on. Another 100 to get to that 280 lead. Not sure they’ll need that many but will probably want a bit more if they can.

England should be comfortable from here but what a debut from Abrar! 10 wickets so far in the match (and responsible for the run out).

He’s been fortunate with the pitch but you still have to do the business.

exiledclaseboy said:
You’ve called this spot on so far mush. First session crucial, bingo. Rein it in a bit second innings, bang on. Another 100 to get to that 280 lead. Not sure they’ll need that many but will probably want a bit more if they can.

Brendon McCullum and Stokes could take this England side to unparalleled territory in my opinion, they have basically torn the script up for Test matches, even Stokes field placings are off the scale, no more backward point, silly mid on, deep extra cover ect, he just puts players where he thinks the batsmen will hit it, absolute genius.

Swanjaxs said:
Brendon McCullum and Stokes could take this England side to unparalleled territory in my opinion, they have basically torn the script up for Test matches, even Stokes field placings are off the scale, no more backward point, silly mid on, deep extra cover ect, he just puts players where he thinks the batsmen will hit it, absolute genius.

Couldn’t agree more. It’s astonishing and brilliant to watch a centuries old sport evolve in real time before our very eyes.

Off stump is taking a pasting so far today. Three of the finest balls you will ever see.

Interesting partnership, especially if they stay until stumps.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back