• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Parsnip...

Swanjaxs

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
Absolutely the best part of a Sunday dinner!
A lot find them hard to stomach, and cause a lot of bile to come to the surface according to some Doctors.
What's your favourite Sunday vegetable?

Horrible things. Peas and spuds only for me please. Not a veg fan.

exiledclaseboy said:

Same for me, although i can do tinned carrots at a push. Oh and runner beans.

Roasted parsnips are delightful, but my favourite is cauliflower cheese.

Mashed parsnips are magnificent.
A properly roasted potato is a taste and texture sensation.

Parsnips are disgusting. Bastards sit there masquerading as potatoes until some unsuspecting poor sod bites into them expacting a tasty spud and....🤮🤮🤮. Bastards.

Neath_Jack said:
exiledclaseboy said:

Same for me, although i can do tinned carrots at a push. Oh and runner beans.

I can just about stomach a carrot to add some colour. But if they’re not there that’s fine too.

Had a Sunday lunch in the Pelcomb Inn, near Haverfordwest, yesterday.
Beef, roasted carrots, roasted potatoes, new potatoes, sweet potatoes,green beans, cauliflower cheese and,of course
,roasted parsnips… delightful.

Lifelong said:
Beef, roasted carrots, roasted potatoes, new potatoes, sweet potatoes,green beans, cauliflower cheese and,of course

No peas?

exiledclaseboy said:
Lifelong said:

No peas?

Peas in Pembrokeshire??? Too lazy to shell them or open a tin. They'd never believe they could be frozen either.

My favourite. Roast parsnips are brilliant. I prefer a ratio of 2:1 to roast potatoes. If it was up to me though I’d probably skip the roast potatoes completely. What I hate is celery but couldn’t find the celery thread.

Roast Parsnips are a thing of beauty, along with swede, carrots, cabbage and peas, cauliflower is fine as well, but not with cheese ach-y-fi

Can’t beat tasty parsnips. Roasted, boiled and mashed unbeatable for taste. Add broccoli, cauliflower, roasted carrots and of course roast potatoes. Oh and Jersey Royals. Roast beef with homemade gravy and Yorkshire pud.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back