• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Parsnip...

I likes a parsnip, which is a bit weird as I’m not a huge fan of sweet veg, but they are banging.

Not made on swede or boiled cabbage but everything else is a goer.

Parsnips have to be quartered at least, then par-boiled before being drizzled with honey and then roasted. A bit of sugar added to carrots brings out their sweetness and as for sprouts, slightly on the mushy side.....boom.
I've also started liking cauliflower again, with or without cheese.

Like above, par boil parsnips, a few squeezes of honey, dust with flour and cook in goose fat - tidy

WxmJax said:
Parsnips have to be quartered at least, then par-boiled before being drizzled with honey and then roasted. A bit of sugar added to carrots brings out their sweetness and as for sprouts, slightly on the mushy side.....boom.
I've also started liking cauliflower again, with or without cheese.

Have always like cauli. I have it raw and crunchy in salads :D

Cauli and beetroots make me retch uncontrollably...every other vegetable is a goer, and a fine roasted parsnip is a thing of beauty, but not too many as they are so powerful. Of course, the finest 'Sunday Roast' vegetable is the awesome first batch of new potatoes straight from the garden that day with lashings of butter, salt and fresh mint sauce..roasted potatoes are nearly as good..

Pegojack said:
The best homemade soup ever is parsnip and chili. Easy to make too. Serve with a swirl of double cream and a sprinkling of chopped parsley. Impress your friends.

Or curried parsnip soup, swap the chilli for a spoonful of curry powder. That's also tremendous.

Pegojack said:
The best homemade soup ever is parsnip and chili. Easy to make too. Serve with a swirl of double cream and a sprinkling of chopped parsley. Impress your friends.

Carrot and Coriander Soup with a couple/three rough cut slices of bread off of a farmhouse loaf is a thing of beauty, nothing comes close in the World of soups :D

Roasted fluffy potatoes, roasted parsnip, roasted beetroot and mashed mix of swede and carrots, with a giant homemade Yorkshire pudding.

I've just put the frozen ones in the oven for todays roast........

Epaul said:
I've just put the frozen ones in the oven for todays roast........

Frozen you say, what a philistine and I thought you was a man of culture :shock: :lol:

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back