• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Patterson - Again

Baron Goblet said:
He deserves a better wage the club should have stumped up. Good luck to him.

He was happy enough to agree to the wages a few months ago, wasn't he?

Its reported at £7k+ per week his wages, more than enough for a 29/30 year old player at this level

Not sure I would want us to pay anything more than that

Baron Goblet said:
He deserves a better wage the club should have stumped up. Good luck to him.
Why for 2-3 months of good form?His agent must have known the details of the extension and signed off on it.Why Pato has acted like this is beyond me,The Club are getting shit for not doing alot wrong.

It wouldn't be so bad if he'd carried on playing but it's been dragged through the media and he's refused to play.Bit of a pisstake considering he got injured on trial at another club during the summer.

We're being forced to either sell him or pay him more by him and his agent.I'd sell him it's not going to be hard to make a profit,If we can't he either plays at the wage he is on now or he can train with the U23 until the summer and look for a new club then.Acting like he's Messi ffs.

JoshTheJack said:
Why for 2-3 months of good form?His agent must have known the details of the extension and signed off on it.Why Pato has acted like this is beyond me,The Club are getting s**t for not doing alot wrong.

It wouldn't be so bad if he'd carried on playing but it's been dragged through the media and he's refused to play.Bit of a pisstake considering he got injured on trial at another club during the summer.

We're being forced to either sell him or pay him more by him and his agent.I'd sell him it's not going to be hard to make a profit,If we can't he either plays at the wage he is on now or he can train with the U23 until the summer and look for a new club then.Acting like he's Messi ffs.

Exactly.

I don't think anyone would have blamed him if he had been asking for more money as long as he kept playing for us.

3rd bid rejected, we’re holding out for 750K which is a fair fee I think providing we get a replacement

No club should be held to ransom, if that's whats going on.I think most are fed up with this nonsense.
Messi or Ronaldo he ain't
Jog on and good luck with your next venture.

Swansea93 said:
3rd bid rejected, we’re holding out for 750K which is a fair fee I think providing we get a replacement

Miles apart according to Gareth Vincent.

They know we have a seriously unhappy player, they hold all the cards. Possibly won't end well for us this situation.

Risc said:
Swansea93 said:

They know we have a seriously unhappy player, they hold all the cards. Possibly won't end well for us this situation.

Exactly, we’ll end up selling him last minute for 400K with no replacement.

Swansea93 said:
Risc said:

Or the club is gambling that it's better to hold on to him rather than sell him for peanuts, with the belief that he'll make himself available again after today.

JackSomething said:
Swansea93 said:

Or the club is gambling that it's better to hold on to him rather than sell him for peanuts, with the belief that he'll make himself available again after today.

I would rather hold onto him and attempt to reintegrate into the squad than sell him for half his value and have no chance of a replacement. We would lose that difference in wages (and thats assuming we do not continue to fine him for refusing to play) and just strengthen a division rival.

If he knuckles down and does well second half of the season we would be able to get significantly as much if not more and would send a clear signal to other teams and members of the squad that we are not chumps.

If he doesn't go today. It will all have been a misunderstanding. Get him gone we've surely got an alternative lined up or was Wolf the alternative?

https://planetswans.co.uk/2022/01/31/third-qpr-bid-for-paterson-rejected-by-the-swans/

STID2017 said:
ARQS said:
Not sure what people want the club to have done here, tbh. Given in to a player at the first sign he wants more money?

The same people thinking we should just bend over on this one are probably the same people crying out for more signings or bemoaning the fact that we are hamstrung by having players who aren't up to it on long term, lucrative contracts.

Nothing like that.
However just gets my goat watching them on Saturday, with Grimes passing sideways, back, forward a few yards, then back again.
Piroe is crying out for decent passes, yet we dilly dally in our own half even in the last 10 mins and two nil down.
Certainly don't want the club to sign players just for the sake of it and get ourselves in the financial mire

If Downes & Ntcham had started against Hull, I'm not 100% sure we'd have missed Paterson quite as much as you are suggesting. In the first 3 league games since he played we took 5 points and only conceded 1 goal, arguably our most consistent form since October. Yes, I'd rather have a good and fully functioning Paterson in our squad than not, but personally, I'd still rather we'd had Downes and Ntcham starting against Hull.

The fucker can go for fuck all.
If he doesn't want to play for us FUCK OFF!!!!

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back