• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Patterson

https://planetswans.co.uk/2022/01/20/suggestions-that-west-brom-unimpressed-with-paterson-and-cool-interest/

PSumbler said:
https://planetswans.co.uk/2022/01/20/suggestions-that-west-brom-unimpressed-with-paterson-and-cool-interest/

This could be a massive loss for us if that’s true, we have a player who’s trying to force his way out and clubs may well be put off with his attitude, let’s hope Blackburn or Huddersfield stump up and take him.

Swansea93 said:
PSumbler said:

This could be a massive loss for us if that’s true, we have a player who’s trying to force his way out and clubs may well be put off with his attitude, let’s hope Blackburn or Huddersfield stump up and take him.

I'm of a slightly different view. Other Clubs seeing this attitude in a player in my eyes is not a bad thing. Nice to get something for him but he cost us nothing in transfers .We were happy for Jake to go for nothing and his attitude was spot on.

PSumbler said:

Difficult to predict this now.

You'd think him signing a new contract would increase his value. But then his highly publicised strop would lower it. But then would clubs think twice about signing someone like this with attitude problems?

Chief said:
PSumbler said:

You'd think him signing a new contract would increase his value. But then his highly publicised strop would lower it. But then would clubs think twice about signing someone like this with attitude problems?

I'm not sure I buy the cooling of interest personally - I can see that they would want people to believe it mind to try and force down the price maybe but Paterson is not exactly a pricey player.

One thing I would do if I was Paterson though would be to get some proper advisers :lol:

PSumbler said:
Chief said:

I'm not sure I buy the cooling of interest personally - I can see that they would want people to believe it mind to try and force down the price maybe but Paterson is not exactly a pricey player.

One thing I would do if I was Paterson though would be to get some proper advisers :lol:

Said a few times, he hasn't left us with much of a bargaining position, everyone and their dog knows he isn't happy here. We won't get £500k I don't reckon.

Martin on Pato in todays press conference:

January is a really difficult time for so many players. Pato came to us in the summer and had a difficult summer. He’s nearly 30 and he's been through his fair share of tough times. But of damage before in terms of trust in people in leadership positions. He comes here, he’s been fantastic. He feels a weight on his shoulders and that he deserved a little bit more. He knows where I stand. Me and him haven’t fallen out, I love Pato. I'm disappointed he’s not in the right frame of mind to be involved, but a boy’s mental health is important. I’m not using that as a get out card. He knows my feelings. I don’t think he’s been given hugely supportive advice. I think clubs have already expressed an interest in him through his agent which is no surprise. The issue was with the contract extension. Hopefully if he’s still our player in two weeks time we’ll be able to move on and he can produce what he’s already produced for us, unless something satisfactory for the club, the owners and Paterson happens. He has to work really hard to get back into the team and the squad, but until then we’re in limbo a bit. He’s training, but not here. I don’t think that energy will be conducive to a positive performance for the rest of the guys on Saturday. That’s where we’re at. I don’t want Jamie to be the bad guy. He’s at where he’s at because of previous things he’s had in his career and his life.

He’s at Landore with Kris and the guys. He’s not out in the wilderness. We speak on a daily basis to make sure he’s OK. he was back in as of yesterday and he has to train hard to keep himself fit.

Swansea93 said:
Poor Paterson bless him.

From the quotes Martin seems dissapointed.

Quite clear he's had offer from another club and wants to leave, but we have extended his contract to get some value for us.

I'd be amazed if he has future here, Bristol City fans claim he has previous for this and will put in unforgivable performances

Risc said:

January is a really difficult time for so many players. Pato came to us in the summer and had a difficult summer. He’s nearly 30 and he's been through his fair share of tough times. But of damage before in terms of trust in people in leadership positions. He comes here, he’s been fantastic. He feels a weight on his shoulders and that he deserved a little bit more. He knows where I stand. Me and him haven’t fallen out, I love Pato. I'm disappointed he’s not in the right frame of mind to be involved, but a boy’s mental health is important. I’m not using that as a get out card. He knows my feelings. I don’t think he’s been given hugely supportive advice. I think clubs have already expressed an interest in him through his agent which is no surprise. The issue was with the contract extension. Hopefully if he’s still our player in two weeks time we’ll be able to move on and he can produce what he’s already produced for us, unless something satisfactory for the club, the owners and Paterson happens. He has to work really hard to get back into the team and the squad, but until then we’re in limbo a bit. He’s training, but not here. I don’t think that energy will be conducive to a positive performance for the rest of the guys on Saturday. That’s where we’re at. I don’t want Jamie to be the bad guy. He’s at where he’s at because of previous things he’s had in his career and his life.

He’s at Landore with Kris and the guys. He’s not out in the wilderness. We speak on a daily basis to make sure he’s OK. he was back in as of yesterday and he has to train hard to keep himself fit.

Where's that from Risc?

A4Jack said:
Risc said:

Where's that from Risc?

WalesOnline live coverage of his press conference mate

Risc said:
Swansea93 said:
Poor Paterson bless him.

From the quotes Martin seems dissapointed.

Quite clear he's had offer from another club and wants to leave, but we have extended his contract to get some value for us.

I'd be amazed if he has future here, Bristol City fans claim he has previous for this and will put in unforgivable performances

Cheerio Pato bach

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back