• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Patterson

ARQS said:
Are we supposed to feel sorry for Paterson?

The manager has to do something to make sure that the player doesn’t look so unprofessional that no other club will touch him with a barge pole.

Martin seems to be aiming dig at his agent in the press conference, but I feel 0 pity to Paterson, he can go now fuck him, he’s a grown man he can make decisions wether or not his agent influences it.

Londonlisa2001 said:
ARQS said:
Are we supposed to feel sorry for Paterson?

The manager has to do something to make sure that the player doesn’t look so unprofessional that no other club will touch him with a barge pole.

Yep. Also for me, there's the hint of an olive branch to the player there. If nothing happens this month and Paterson realises he'll need to be playing to attract offers in the summer, then there is a way back for him if he puts the work in and shows some contrition.

Us fans may not be so forgiving, at least until he bangs in a winning goal, then all is forgiven!

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/full-transcript-swansea-city-boss-22816710

Full transcript.

RM toed the right line with this one for me.
He made a pretty obvious dig at Paterson's agent with him receiving the wrong advice which has turned his head and affected his performances.
He also left enough of an olive branch that there is a way back if no one meets our valuation

What is important now is that the board hold out for the right kind of fee, since Paterson is on relatively low wages (having signed on a free with a pretty damned weak last couple of seasons behind him before we snapped him up) I wouldn't be opposed to leaving him rot in the reserves if we don't get the right kind of fee for him that will allow us to bring in quality replacements for the squad.

An important statement of intent needed from those at the top.

JackSomething said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

Yep. Also for me, there's the hint of an olive branch to the player there. If nothing happens this month and Paterson realises he'll need to be playing to attract offers in the summer, then there is a way back for him if he puts the work in and shows some contrition.

Us fans may not be so forgiving, at least until he bangs in a winning goal, then all is forgiven!

It’s happened before and players have been accepted again. Rangel threw his toys out once when he didn’t go to Fulham (was it Fulham?)

I can imagine it wasn’t completely Patterson’s fault anyway.

‘We are really pleased with what you are doing and we are looking at doing something with your contract as a result’.

‘Great - I’m happy about that’.

Extend contract with no new terms.

‘That absolutely wasn’t what I thought you meant ’. Toys out of pram.

Not beyond the realms of possibility.

Londonlisa2001 said:
JackSomething said:

It’s happened before and players have been accepted again. Rangel threw his toys out once when he didn’t go to Fulham (was it Fulham?)

‘We are really pleased with what you are doing and we are looking at doing something with your contract as a result’.

Blackpool wasn’t it?

Darran said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

Blackpool wasn’t it?

Really? God. I could have sworn it was Fulham. One of our players made a fuss when they didn’t go to Fulham. Goes to show it blows over given we can’t remember details any more.

Londonlisa2001 said:
JackSomething said:

Either he's seen the terms of the new contract before signing it or he's agreed to a deal in the summer that allows the club to extend the deal without his approval three matches before they'd initially set out. Either way it is him, or at least his agent, who has done something stupid in agreeing to the contract without reading or understanding it properly, either now or in the summer.

Londonlisa2001 said:
Darran said:
Blackpool wasn’t it?

Really? God. I could have sworn it was Fulham. One of our players made a fuss when they didn’t go to Fulham. Goes to show it blows over given we can’t remember details any more.

I believe so Lis.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/swansea-reject-blackpool-bid-for-angel-rangel-6497767.html

Longlostjack said:
Martin is 36 and he refers to Patterson who is 6 years younger as “the kid” ?

More down to his behaviour than his age perhaps

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back