• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Paul Arriola

Bridgendjack

First Team Player
Reaction score
It seems we’re showing interest in another American international midfielder.........anybody know anything about him ?

Plays for our yank owners club DC United who bought him for 3M and he's a winger, think this may be nonsense.

Unless he can play RWB as well and can cover Roberts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_SSiKNdNKk

Looks a feisty little effer that seems to have played in the Mexican League previously.
Looks interesting and a decent guy, but probably BS. Plus is the step up from MLS to championship too great?

Lisvanejack said:
He sounds like a bit of a tit to be honest...

Fair play. If you're going to wait almost 7 months to post after registering, better make that first post a good one. :)

His Wikipedia says he plays right wing or right wing back... sounds like a good move as cover for Roberts.

This could be a bit of a boob by the Swans. DC United? We're milking the American connection here.

He’s fast... he’s quick... 🎵 his names stuck on a tit.... Arriola.... Arriola 🎶

I’ll get my coat 😕

Love the puns--the main Sounders board (where Morris is from) is the land of Puns (sounderatheart). Anyhow, Arriola is a very hardworking, honest winger who gets playing time with the US National Team because he's so feisty and tracks back. Not a great passer, not a game changer. Solid, can help, but I wouldn't get too excited about him. He's not Morris

st.lopez said:
Love the puns--the main Sounders board (where Morris is from) is the land of Puns (sounderatheart). Anyhow, Arriola is a very hardworking, honest winger who gets playing time with the US National Team because he's so feisty and tracks back. Not a great passer, not a game changer. Solid, can help, but I wouldn't get too excited about him. He's not Morris

Thanks for the appraisal, I think we’re looking at him more as a right back than a winger so might be better looking elsewhere ?

st.lopez said:

Yep, for club and country he's known primarily as a "legs and lungs" guy. You can count on him to run himself into the ground, and do so at speed.

Not super duper technically gifted, but is going to scrap the whole 90, and put himself in the right place, reliably. Has probably been the hardest worker on every team he's ever played on.

Arriola is sounding like a utility option to bulk the squad up for the running. Might not get many starts, but handy for us and handy for him to gain experience outside the MLS.

Dr. Winston said:
Arriola is sounding like a utility option to bulk the squad up for the running. Might not get many starts, but handy for us and handy for him to gain experience outside the MLS.

According to Ian Mitchelmore the club have played this rumour down.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back