• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Paul Arriola

Dr. Winston said:
Where MLS fans see Arriola fitting in is not necessarily where Cooper sees Arriola fitting in. Would have thought that lesson would have been learned after the Lowe signing, but apparently not.

So we shouldn't discuss it? Righto.

I think for me the advantage of Arriola will be we have another option. As was said earlier in the topic he won't replace Connor but given the amount of games we have (starting tomorrow we have a minimum 21 in the next 13 weeks) he will undoubtedly play some part.

Whether that is at wing back or slotting in somewhere else at times it can surely only be a good thing to have another international footballer as an option

https://mobile.twitter.com/PaulArriola/status/1357908780135026689

Judging by his tweet early hours this morning, it looks like he may be in an airport getting ready to fly over?

Get him on the bench for Wednesday, he can run off his jet lag ⚽

Arriola will do everything he can to make sure his time with Swansea is a success.

“My goal is to help the team in any way shape or form. I feel I can bring a lot to the team,” he said.

“It’s about staying true to myself and doing what the gaffer wants me to do. I am versatile, I can play in different positions.

“But the goal is to settle down quickly and figure out how best I can help the team.

“I like to think I bring a lot of energy, I like to press, I like to get in behind teams and I love to win games.

“That’s the most important thing, the mentality to do whatever it takes to win and get the team promoted.

“I hope to take everything I can from this experience. My goal is to play over here and be a part of this club.

“I will take it day by day, but I want to be successful here.

“I look at the team, the culture, the facilities and the environment here and we are set up for success, I think.

“For me, it is about coming in every day and giving my best. As long as you give everything you have, you can walk away with your head held high.

“For my time here, I want to make sure I gave everything for myself, for my family, for my team-mates and for this club.

“I am looking forward to doing that every day.”

“I have to thank the club, the staff and my team-mates for such a warm welcome, which really helps.

“I am very grateful for that, I know I am coming to a huge club that has aspirations to be in the Premier League next year.

“The gaffer has been great, he has been truly amazing to me. He has communicated really well with me, he’s let me know the type of culture he wants to continue here.

“I felt I could be a good fit to come in here, and I have nothing but good things to say about him.

His attitude seems top class, lets hope he's a success, seems very grateful he's here.

Just watched the interview and I was very impressed with Paul, seems very genuine and someone who’ll give everything his best shot. Tidy.

Me too, sounds like a really genuine person, got a potential rags to riches story with him, what a nice young man

He doesn't seem the type of signing to come in and just be happy as a squad player. It will be interesting to see where he fits in to our system. I am looking forward to seeing him. Hopefully we will see him come on tomorrow night.

Are we expecting to see much of him in the run in? Can’t help but think Morris could have been the difference for us at the moment with his pace and power we saw glimpses of.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
These two signings have been a disaster really.

Obviously Morris was extremely unfortunate I do think he would have been starting by now, Arriola though seems a last minute desperate one even though he looks alright from clips, SC definitely doesn’t want to use him and the post from when he was a teenager probably dented his chances further.

Think Arriola should at least be given a chance. Ridiculous really

Whilst I sympathise, only to an extent, Cooper being frustrated from the January window, you make do with what you have and having a fully fledged USA attacker not being used is pretty criminal.

Surprised we missed out on Daryl Dike, the guy had massive potential over there but Barnsley took him on loan. Now have 5 in 7 gamew

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back