• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Paul Arriola

AliasFaux said:
st.lopez said:
Love the puns--the main Sounders board (where Morris is from) is the land of Puns (sounderatheart). Anyhow, Arriola is a very hardworking, honest winger who gets playing time with the US National Team because he's so feisty and tracks back. Not a great passer, not a game changer. Solid, can help, but I wouldn't get too excited about him. He's not Morris
Sounds like the perfect back up for Roberts if we can turn him into a wingback.
Yep, for club and country he's known primarily as a "legs and lungs" guy. You can count on him to run himself into the ground, and do so at speed.

Not super duper technically gifted, but is going to scrap the whole 90, and put himself in the right place, reliably. Has probably been the hardest worker on every team he's ever played on.

Sounds like the perfect back up for Roberts if we can turn him into a wingback

Looks like this one might be a go'er 🤔

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/01/22/dc-united-paul-arriola-swansea-city-loan/

Swans also targeting D.C. United's Paul Arriola for short-term loan. DCU GM Dave Kasper says, "It's an ongoing discussion. They are up against a clock with [transfer] deadline. So it's something obviously we'll be engaging with Swansea in the coming days."

Paul Arriola confirmed to
@TUDNUSA
that he has talked with Swansea’s HC and is ready to go. Just waiting for both clubs (Swansea and DC) to reach a transfer agreement.

would rather another striker. Think we have RB covered with naughton

I have a lot of time for Naughton, but he'd hamstring us at wingback. He's either right sided CB cover in a back three or right back cover

This nipple fella and a tidy striker and we have competitive redundancy in every position

Paul Arriola remains a Swansea City target before the transfer deadline closes Monday. Nothing will be decided before Sunday, I'm told. Chances of the loan happening: probably 50/50. #dcu #mls #usmnt #swans

watched the game

was horrifically one sided.... trinidad had stepped into the game last minute with no training to fill an empty fixture for USA

to say they were a park's team would be an insult to park's teams ..

arriola played on the right wing nearly entirely in trinidad's half.. ....not a position we seem to bother with

impossible to give a verdict after seeing that performance but he is deceptively strong for his size

He got subbed on the 60th minute I believe, meaning he could have made a flight from Orlando to come over here, according to stateside jacks.

But it does seem extremely unlikely he'll join now.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back