• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Paul Arriola

Ebo said:
Sergio Dest (his US teammate) said more or less the same thing before joining Barcelona. So far he has been frustrating and his link play has been poor. Gets to the edge of the box and freezes.

Dest is more talented, but more of a pure attacking outside back.

Arriola has played winger and has been charged with both providing width/crosses as well as tucking into the channel.

He's played wingback in his past.

I actually think he's a pretty good fit as a wingback in a 352

Paul Arriola won’t be with us for a while. Coming from the US, it’s harder to get in. We’re not quite sure when he’ll arrive

A new signing and we're not sure when he's going to show up? Strange.

Swansea93 said:
Paul Arriola won’t be with us for a while. Coming from the US, it’s harder to get in. We’re not quite sure when he’ll arrive

I've read that cooper isnt happy with this signing and if this is the reason I can see why.

Fireboy said:
Swansea93 said:

I've read that cooper isnt happy with this signing and if this is the reason I can see why.

Arriola? Very energetic?
"It’s a non-negotiable. We’ve got a reputation for our style of play, we want to play with a lot of energy, heart and soul. Any new players will quickly see we’re very demanding."

Steve Cooper

Fireboy said:
Swansea93 said:

Where did you read Cooper wasn't happy?

Richard said:
Fireboy said:

Arriola? Very energetic?
"It’s a non-negotiable. We’ve got a reputation for our style of play, we want to play with a lot of energy, heart and soul. Any new players will quickly see we’re very demanding."

Steve Cooper

Where does that quote come from? Have you got a link ? Sounds as if Cooper has just gone along with the signing and isn't enthusiastic.

[*]
Longlostjack said:
Richard said:
Arriola? Very energetic?

Steve Cooper

Where does that quote come from? Have you got a link ? Sounds as if Cooper has just gone along with the signing and isn't enthusiastic.

Today’s press conference.

Is this fast becoming fact that Cooper didn't want Arriola or Morris?

Seen this suggested a few times on Twitter but largely seems a case from what I can see of 1+1=3

Have we just assumed somewhere that because he is American and we have American owners that this is to be the case?

I get that they probably did the bulk of the negotiations but Winter would have done it for the British based signings and it doesn't seem to get pointed at them that Cooper didn't want them.

Not speaking from any position of knowledge on this one but the fact that Arriola was in the States on Monday and the rules that impact international travel at the moment (yes he is an elite athlete but I don't suspect we will put on a 737 just to get him over here on a non chartered flight) then him not being with the squad until after Friday is not really a surprise or a worry?

Or am I missing something?

PSumbler said:
Have we just assumed somewhere that because he is American and we have American owners that this is to be the case?

Looks like it.

Dr. Winston said:
PSumbler said:

Looks like it.

That was my assumption from Twitter anyway. Have no doubt that the DC united connection would have meant something but I'd be amazed if Cooper wasn't aware which is some of the suggestions being made on social media

PSumbler said:
Cooper wasn't aware which is some of the suggestions being made on social media

Have seen quite a lot of mental gymnastics trying to turn Cooper's comments on Arriola into what is basically him being one step away from resigning because they signed him.

Dr. Winston said:
PSumbler said:
Cooper wasn't aware which is some of the suggestions being made on social media

Have seen quite a lot of mental gymnastics trying to turn Cooper's comments on Arriola into what is basically him being one step away from resigning because they signed him.

That will be the third transfer window on the trot that Cooper is resigning under.

We were a basket case of a club for a reasonable period at the end of the PL years but we aren't any more.

PSumbler said:
Dr. Winston said:
Looks like it.

That was my assumption from Twitter anyway. Have no doubt that the DC united connection would have meant something but I'd be amazed if Cooper wasn't aware which is some of the suggestions being made on social media

Arriola said in an interview this week that he spoke with Cooper a couple of weeks ago so the notion that Cooper was unaware is ludicrous.

lidojack said:
PSumbler said:

Arriola said in an interview this week that he spoke with Cooper a couple of weeks ago so the notion that Cooper was unaware is ludicrous.

Impossible. Big Dave on Twitter said that Cooper didn’t know. Who you gonna believe? I’m going with Big Dave rather than the player himself. Joker

A4Jack said:
lidojack said:

Impossible. Big Dave on Twitter said that Cooper didn’t know. Who you gonna believe? I’m going with Big Dave rather than the player himself. Joker

:lol: :lol:

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back