• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Paul Arriola

PSumbler said:
Dr. Winston said:
Have seen quite a lot of mental gymnastics trying to turn Cooper's comments on Arriola into what is basically him being one step away from resigning because they signed him.

That will be the third transfer window on the trot that Cooper is resigning under.

We were a basket case of a club for a reasonable period at the end of the PL years but we aren't any more.

Unless someone shows concrete evidence, I always file these things under bored people looking for drama.

I don’t buy into the nonsense at all but there’s no doubt that Cooper was positively gushing about Freeman and Whittaker whilst he couldn’t manage tepid when asked about Arriola.

there are some abslute knobs supporting us fair play. how could they possible turn this window and season into a negative

Fascinating discussion...as an American who's now watching Swansea because of Morris and Arriola, the concern about the owners forcing this player on Cooper is interesting. I can't speak to this, but I will say that most American fans would say that Arriola's level is probably mid to upper championship--he's an above average MLS player, but he's nowhere near best 11 or anything. I don't know enough about your right wingback to say that Arriola will challenge him for playing time, but he works his butt off and puts in a shift, he's more skilled than a lot of guys who are playing the position at championship level, and at the very worst he's going to be a great depth piece for you. His floor is pretty high.
As for Morris, his ceiling is much higher but his willingness to fight for his spot (he hasn't had to in Seattle) is less known. From an American perspective this is great business for you--he gives you another striker for a busy calendar, and he's a guy that MIGHT end up being very very good in the Championship. Not as much of a sure thing as Arriola, but potentially also much much better. Don't know Cooper beyond the fact that he hates subs (right?), but both seem like some good business for a run at promotion and I can't imagine that he doesn't see it....

st.lopez said:
Fascinating discussion...as an American who's now watching Swansea because of Morris and Arriola, the concern about the owners forcing this player on Cooper is interesting. I can't speak to this, but I will say that most American fans would say that Arriola's level is probably mid to upper championship--he's an above average MLS player, but he's nowhere near best 11 or anything. I don't know enough about your right wingback to say that Arriola will challenge him for playing time, but he works his butt off and puts in a shift, he's more skilled than a lot of guys who are playing the position at championship level, and at the very worst he's going to be a great depth piece for you. His floor is pretty high.
As for Morris, his ceiling is much higher but his willingness to fight for his spot (he hasn't had to in Seattle) is less known. From an American perspective this is great business for you--he gives you another striker for a busy calendar, and he's a guy that MIGHT end up being very very good in the Championship. Not as much of a sure thing as Arriola, but potentially also much much better. Don't know Cooper beyond the fact that he hates subs (right?), but both seem like some good business for a run at promotion and I can't imagine that he doesn't see it....

He's not going to get in the team in front of our current RWB, he is arguably our player of the season so far.

If Arriola is intended for right wingback, I don't understand why we signed Freeman

BLAZE said:
If Arriola is intended for right wingback, I don't understand why we signed Freeman

They definitely see Freeman as cover for Connor at RWB. Arriola apparently is to be used in a more forward role but can’t really see where he would fit in our team shape

eteb said:
there are some abslute knobs supporting us fair play. how could they possible turn this window and season into a negative

Meant to reply not thumbs up! How do you get to assuming that some Swans fans are knobs and „turning the season and transfer window into a negative“ just because some have questioned one transfer? Have a word with yourself.

"Steve Cooper confirms Paul Arriola is unavailable for the Norwich game."

Proof if ever proof was needed, that he isn't a Cooper signing :lol: :lol:

Longlostjack said:
eteb said:

Meant to reply not thumbs up! How do you get to assuming that some Swans fans are knobs and „turning the season and transfer window into a negative“ just because some have questioned one transfer? Have a word with yourself.

they questioned morris too.

Pontyjack said:
BLAZE said:

They definitely see Freeman as cover for Connor at RWB. Arriola apparently is to be used in a more forward role but can’t really see where he would fit in our team shape

Ye, when I saw us linked with Freeman I assumed Arriola was viewed as a right-winger should we change up formation but the MLS fans are still assuming he's here as a RWB

eteb said:
Longlostjack said:

they questioned morris too.

Haven’t seen any of the Twitter stuff but I‘m definitely not keen on us signing any players from DC Utd. Gets messy. Who suggests the players to Cooper? Does he get the final say?

Where MLS fans see Arriola fitting in is not necessarily where Cooper sees Arriola fitting in. Would have thought that lesson would have been learned after the Lowe signing, but apparently not.

In any case, once MGW and Gyokeres had been replaced Cooper seemed far more interested in having bodies available to beef the squad up during the run in than in looking for players to move into the first team. Given the possibility of a single Covid test potentially taking any number of players out of your team selection choices on any one weekend perhaps that's not a bad idea.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back