• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Paul Watson leaves

He leaves and we look like signing two absolute pearlers 👀🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬🤣

Let’s hope the ownership group read the responses to the club tweet. Let’s also hope that they remember who employed him.

Appreciate that he's not pulled up trees here, but the timing of this strikes me as odd...?

We had an absolutely shocking summer last year, but Watson/Coleman came out and said 'judge us on what we do in the next 12 months', and since then, it has, objectively, been better. Ronald in Jan was a good signing out of absolutely nowhere, and although we're evidently short on numbers this season, the players brought in this summer are largely all successes - Franco and Vigs are quality, Eom and Vip look promising, jury out on Bianchini.

I assumed we were operating on a 'quality over quantity' strategy this year, so very strange if this has been deemed unsuccessful enough for him to get the sack.

Does beg the question, why now? Why did we leave him have another shitshow transfer window this summer when he'd cocked up his first two?

Right decision, but the timing is bizarre.

Appreciate that he's not pulled up trees here, but the timing of this strikes me as odd...?

We had an absolutely shocking summer last year, but Watson/Coleman came out and said 'judge us on what we do in the next 12 months', and since then, it has, objectively, been better. Ronald in Jan was a good signing out of absolutely nowhere, and although we're evidently short on numbers this season, the players brought in this summer are largely all successes - Franco and Vigs are quality, Eom and Vip look promising, jury out on Bianchini.

I assumed we were operating on a 'quality over quantity' strategy this year, so very strange if this has been deemed unsuccessful enough for him to get the sack.
I doubt this is related to player recruitment; it's too early to pass judgement on the summer additions and the club went out of their way to say they were pleased with the January window.

Must be something else going on to have triggered this.

Also, could this in anyway link to the rumours of a new consortium coming in to buy out the existing one?

Would the Swans women’s team be classed as non work? 🫣

Yes, the point I'm making is that he hasn't been let go due to perceived bad performance in his role has he?
It appears to relate to other indiscretions.

Presumably Coleman was still thinking he'd done a swell job.

Yes, the point I'm making is that he hasn't been let go due to perceived bad performance in his role has he?
It appears to relate to other indiscretions.

Presumably Coleman was still thinking he'd done a swell job.
He’s not the messiah…

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back