• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Players getting injuries at this stage.

magicdaps10

Tommy Hutchison
Reaction score
Always interesting when players who's contracts are coming up get injured with a handful of games.

Bit of a tradition since the arrival of the Bosman.

I think it would be the opposite.

Those out of contract making themselves readily available in the hope of earning a new contract or at the very least putting themselves in the shop window for any potential new employers.

Always interesting when players who's contracts are coming up get injured with a handful of games.

Bit of a tradition since the arrival of the Bosman.
Nathan Wood is injured apparently or is he sulking because Swans have enforced the option to extend his contract a further year???

I think it would be the opposite.

Those out of contract making themselves readily available in the hope of earning a new contract or at the very least putting themselves in the shop window for any potential new employers.
You'd think they'd know the chance of a new contract before the last few games. Again putting themselves in the shop window they should be on the radar of other teams where the last few games shouldn't sway teams.
It's their livelihood so they won't take many risks.

Then again it is football we're discussing :)

LW's comments on Wood's 'injury' were interesting. Pretty much saying the medical team couldn't find anything, but the player has self-diagnosed something that's stopping him 'playing the way he wants to'.

I wonder if the injury that's stopping him playing the way he wants to is: Williams telling them all to play at a high intensity for 90 mins and Wood just doesn't fancy that. Checked out.

LW's comments on Wood's 'injury' were interesting. Pretty much saying the medical team couldn't find anything, but the player has self-diagnosed something that's stopping him 'playing the way he wants to'.

I wonder if the injury that's stopping him playing the way he wants to is: Williams telling them all to play at a high intensity for 90 mins and Wood just doesn't fancy that. Checked out.
Sounds like toys firmly thrown from pram.

It wasn't a coincidence we performed the way we did on Wednesday night without him in the side.

You'd think they'd know the chance of a new contract before the last few games. Again putting themselves in the shop window they should be on the radar of other teams where the last few games shouldn't sway teams.
It's their livelihood so they won't take many risks.

Then again it is football we're discussing :)
You'd like to think so 🤷🏻‍♂️

Some potential suiters not sure what division they'll be in next season, has impact on budgets and so on.

Plus the modern day footballer can be a law to themselves.

Its always an interesting one, you will always find two kinds of players when their contract is coming up.

Those who don't give a rats arse and either play like shit and don't risk themselves so they don't hurt their chances of a new club coming knocking in the summer is the first type.

The other is the type who will work their bollocks off to put themselves in the shop window or to convince their current employers that they can still do a job for the club.

As soon as I saw the comments you just knew it was more than likely a cover up for him refusing to play, you don’t just stop playing because you think your not doing well, you play to make sure you do better than you last performed, that to me sounds like someone who isn’t commited.

As soon as I saw the comments you just knew it was more than likely a cover up for him refusing to play, you don’t just stop playing because you think your not doing well, you play to make sure you do better than you last performed, that to me sounds like someone who isn’t commited.
In a more subtle, less throwing under the bus fashion than Russ. Who'd have thought that would be a better approach?

Mollycoddling.
Does no one any favours in the long run.
It stops players being booed unnecessarily. It's why key information often doesn't come out in bigger clubs.

Also makes an asset unsaleable too

Hopefully Wood will be away and we can fool another club to pay some coin for his services, nothing against the lad, he's just not very good...

He has his agent working overtime…I hope.

Gash player, so I hope we will help him on his way.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back