• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Prep for Christmas lunch (or dinner whatever you call it)

waynekerr55 said:
If you haven't started yet, the Jamie Oliver get ahead gravy is good enough to drink.

https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/chicken-recipes/get-ahead-gravy/

The other tip is to brine your turkey in a saltwater solution (60g salt per litre of water). Lovely stuff!

What a pile of pretentious shite, bit of veg water, flour, turkey gravy granuals, juices from cooked crown and bobs your uncle gwavy all done.

What’s all this BS about chucking a turkey away after 2 hours? :shock: :lol:

My parents have kept turkey in a rather cool (but unrefrigerated) pantry for days after it’s been cooked, been eating it like that for three decades. I’m still here.

Epaul said:
What a pile of pretentious shite, bit of veg water, flour, turkey gravy granuals, juices from cooked crown and bobs your uncle gwavy all done.

Ffs Paul 😂😂😂

Well just had my dinner, turkey was absolutely lovely, fingers crossed I'm ok, as it had been left out for 20 hours..

Talking of turkeys, seems quite a few people had Christmas ruined courtesy of some rotten ones about.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12899487/Thats-60-turkey-bin-families-say-festive-plans-ruins-waking-Christmas-morning-discover-Asda-Sainsburys-Tesco-turkeys-mouldy-rancid.html

I wouldn't be happy with that.

jack123 said:
Well just had my dinner, turkey was absolutely lovely, fingers crossed I'm ok, as it had been left out for 20 hours..

Talking of turkeys, seems quite a few people had Christmas ruined courtesy of some rotten ones about.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12899487/Thats-60-turkey-bin-families-say-festive-plans-ruins-waking-Christmas-morning-discover-Asda-Sainsburys-Tesco-turkeys-mouldy-rancid.html

I wouldn't be happy with that.

Mental isn't it. Luckily enough I've used the butchers here since COVID and always have a good one

waynekerr55 said:
Mental isn't it. Luckily enough I've used the butchers here since COVID and always have a good one

Well, we had a crown from Tesco and it was nice. Guess they were just unlucky, ?

I just looked up one of the names on that article on twitter, and read his actual tweet, bloody hell I don't think I'd ever post something on twitter, looking at the abuse you get, he's been called a nonce and a pric* and the tweet has only been up 5 hours..

https://twitter.com/PaulFre36300327/status/1739249114028683321

waynekerr55 said:

Gravy granules, don't need to add granules just make a stock from the Turkeys juices ffs.
Granules, that's has bad as Prosser's Turkey Curry on Christmas day ffs :shock:

Niigata Jack said:
Gravy granules, don't need to add granules just make a stock from the Turkeys juices ffs.
Granules, that's has bad as Prosser's Turkey Curry on Christmas day ffs :shock:

I'm intrigued by the turkey curry, not gonna lie 😂

Ok, so did anyone have any oddly shaped vegetables this Christmas lunch/dinner?
This is our offering below.

CE7-A3-B64-9-B5-E-42-DB-A2-EB-3-E0-F44534-B78.jpg

Didn’t have the heart to use it, the grandkids thought it was hilarious.

Muteswan said:

Use it? 😳😳😳😳

Muteswan said:

Please excuse my ignorance. I've heard the term before but could someone tell me what a turkey crown is? I've just asked my Mrs and she said she thought it was just part of a turkey but wasn't 100% sure which part!

karnataka said:
Please excuse my ignorance. I've heard the term before but could someone tell me what a turkey crown is? I've just asked my Mrs and she said she thought it was just part of a turkey but wasn't 100% sure which part!

It’s basically the white meat with breast bones intact. All wings, legs and dark meat is removed.

We usually have a butterfly which is as above but minus the bone. Basically it’s pure meat.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back