• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Prep for Christmas lunch (or dinner whatever you call it)

Cooperman said:
It’s basically the white meat with breast bones intact. All wings, legs and dark meat is removed.

We usually have a butterfly which is as above but minus the bone. Basically it’s pure meat.

Thanks Coops. What do they do with the bits that are discarded then?

karnataka said:
Thanks Coops. What do they do with the bits that are discarded then?

No idea to be honest. I’d imagine that the volume of remnant meat isn’t that great as it’s not an all year round thing and crown joints are not that popular. Saying that it surely ends up back in the food chain somewhere. Maybe McDonald’s as NJ says, or maybe Bernard Matthew’s turkey burgers.

Cooperman said:
It’s basically the white meat with breast bones intact. All wings, legs and dark meat is removed.

We usually have a butterfly which is as above but minus the bone. Basically it’s pure meat.

We had a butterfly this year Mrs Brother got them this year, think it was 25quid three of us had a good feed off it today and there's loads left. Excellent value, plenty left for our usual boxing day of feed of cold meats and chips, old habits and all that :D

Thanks for the info guys. I was just curious as the last time I ate turkey was exactly 51 years ago today when the concept of turkey crown probably hadn't even been invented but I chose a vegetarian lifestyle 51 years ago tomorrow hence my ignorance about all things turkey related.

Niigata Jack said:
We had a butterfly this year Mrs Brother got them this year, think it was 25quid three of us had a good feed off it today and there's loads left. Excellent value, plenty left for our usual boxing day of feed of cold meats and chips, old habits and all that :D

Boxing Day nosh is the best meal of the year and we’ll be doing the same. Need a good pickle though, Max!

Cooperman said:
Boxing Day nosh is the best meal of the year and we’ll be doing the same. Need a good pickle though, Max!

Tip of the day, if you are having a bit of of a buffet, get some Snackrite Mega Sausage Roll Puffs, they are absolutely beautiful.

https://youtu.be/x8G4wQEV1Qs?si=Db-_ZrXtmUJdZ-tj

Edit: Don't pay no attention to the muppet doing the review, the ferking wanka, scores them 5/10, I would say 8 at the minimum.

And further more looking into his you tube channel he scores Ben Shaws Dandelion and Burdock 3/10 OMG what an absolute fool, IMO you can't beat Ben Shaws.

https://youtu.be/d-NyrzXnmVg?si=FvFLa1Y7Uf_JwN78

jack123 said:
Tip of the day, if you are having a bit of of a buffet, get some Snackrite Mega Sausage Roll Puffs, they are absolutely beautiful.

https://youtu.be/x8G4wQEV1Qs?si=Db-_ZrXtmUJdZ-tj

I don’t know what tomorrows crisp option will be, but there will be something to accompany the cold meat, home made chips, stuffing, pickles, slaw, beetroot and cheeses. Boxing Day scran is the top meal of the year.

Cooperman said:
I don’t know what tomorrows crisp option will be, but there will be something to accompany the cold meat, home made chips, stuffing, pickles, slaw, beetroot and cheeses. Boxing Day scran is the top meal of the year.

Well, if you get a chance try them, I would think for sure these crisps are just seasonal stock. What kind of slaw are you having? And are you making it yourself?

jack123 said:
Well, if you get a chance try them, I would think for sure these crisps are just seasonal stock. What kind of slaw are you having? And are you making it yourself?

Aye, it’s a tried and tested Jamie Oliver recipe, enhanced with a good dollop of that Polish mayo.

Cooperman said:

Branston Pickle nothing else comes close, 50 odd years of rigorous testing has convinced me. :D

Cooperman said:
Aye, it’s a tried and tested Jamie Oliver recipe, enhanced with a good dollop of that Polish mayo.

Nice, we bought some dips from tesco, this one https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/259794296

What a waste of 3 quid, opened yesterday, missis is chucking it tomorrow, Ferking loads left, saying that, I may tuck in again now.

Over for another year, myself and the missus both agree that next year we're booking Christmas dinner at a pub :lol:

MIDDLESBROUGH v SWANSEA CITY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back