• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Prostate Cancer

3swan said:
Very good post by Pacemaker.

Just to add how important it is not to ignore things.

I was struggling a bit but put it down to just getting older.

Anyway March 2019 it got much worse and an emergency doctor sent my to A&E.

Scan there showed a stone and even though I asked about the size of the prostate was told no ok and the stone would pass.

Cutting the story short for the next week I was in agony and again went to A&E where they said enlarged prostate and inserted a catheter and admitted me for 3 days while side effects settled.

Put me on tablets to either shrink the prostate or at least help me pee.

No good. After 3 months they said another scan showed that the prostate had closed up and double over on the urethra.

So it had to be an op. Of course there was a waiting list, and for the following 3 months I had a catheter which unfortunately kept bursting due to bladder stones and 12 visits to A&E on one occasion twice in a day. No way could I insert one myself as due to the doubling over even trained staff struggled.

Just like Pacemaker I decided to go private in December had a Holep procedure which is laser removal of tissue inside the prostate.

All went well and tests came back that there was no cancer.

Bit longwinded I know but if you have any doubts get checked out (with anything) as some things can get sorted by medication before things get worse.

Men don't tend to talk about things like this, but since I've had it it's surprising how many I know have had similar issues and delayed and not talked about it.

It won't happen to me is a fallacy, none of us are immune so again any doubt, DO SOMETHING DON'T WAIT

Great Post Swanny, hope you're well on the road to recovery.

Niigata Jack said:
Great Post Swanny, hope you're well on the road to recovery.

Yes thanks I can pee. :D

Everything went well and within about a month everything had settled down.

Didn't want to clutter my original post, but in the middle of it all an ecg test and 24 hour monitor showed I needed a pacemaker.

I think it was a buy one get one free offer on health issues, so what a bargain :)

So let's say 2019 was interesting to say the least.

All checks ok now.

I can say I was lucky as things were picked up, many people worse off than me.

So to everyone again stay healthy, don't think of any embarrassment, don't shrug things off, not everything is just man flu.

Snap it must be a Pacemaker link!

I had my Pacemaker fitted in 2006 after a works health check.

Pacemaker said:
Snap it must be a Pacemaker link!

I had my Pacemaker fitted in 2006 after a works health check.

Maybe I should change my username to Pacemaker 2 :lol:

Mine was picked up by chance. Couple of dizzy spells so had an ECG check.Showed a couple of blips but further appointment in 12 months. Luckily my G P was part of a clinical trial and had access to a 24 hour monitor. Results within 2 weeks showed more and the pacemaker fitted within the month.

3swan said:
Yes thanks I can pee. :D

Everything went well and within about a month everything had settled down.

Didn't want to clutter my original post, but in the middle of it all an ecg test and 24 hour monitor showed I needed a pacemaker.

I think it was a buy one get one free offer on health issues, so what a bargain :)

So let's say 2019 was interesting to say the least.

All checks ok now.

I can say I was lucky as things were picked up, many people worse off than me.

So to everyone again stay healthy, don't think of any embarrassment, don't shrug things off, not everything is just man flu.

Had to have a blood pressure monitor on for 24hrs about 6 weeks or so ago cause my BP was all over the place, thing was I couldn't stand the thing and I took it off in the early hours cause I could sleep, so they told me I got to do it again, I've not been back.

Been thinking of one of those Kardia Mobile things, but I think you buy the monitor and then pay a monthly subscription, but don't think I'll bother.

Get back and get it sorted or if there is an issue with your heart you can guarantee you wont have to worry about sleeping for a while.

I had the 48 hr ECG fitted and it was uncomfortable but got to the heart of my problem pun intended

Niigata Jack said:
Had to have a blood pressure monitor on for 24hrs about 6 weeks or so ago cause my BP was all over the place, thing was I couldn't stand the thing and I took it off in the early hours cause I could sleep, so they told me I got to do it again, I've not been back.

Been thinking of one of those Kardia Mobile things, but I think you buy the monitor and then pay a monthly subscription, but don't think I'll bother.

We all make our own decisions, one thing though as you have posted about your family before.

Uncomfortable monitor, or what could be an outcome that affects your family.

3swan said:
We all make our own decisions, one thing though as you have posted about your family before.

Uncomfortable monitor, or what could be an outcome that affects your family.

I'm ok apart from my knees, that I'm really struggling with, I'm unable to work with the way they are at the moment.

Niigata Jack said:
I'm ok apart from my knees, that I'm really struggling with, I'm unable to work with the way they are at the moment.

He's on about the Blood Pressure monitor Max, not telling you to do it, but he is right!

Some years back my Works Medical Centre were very concerned with my high blood pressure reading , bottom line was 96 .

Went to my GP after much self denial and a final warning from my Occupational Heaith Nurse .

Had the strap fitted for 24 hrs , I sat in my armchair most of that period , apart from a brisk walk in the afternoon .

Then the wait for the dreaded readings , call came , no further action required , my bottom line averaged out at 80.
Different methods of taking readings using different kit maybe , it was a relief .

The worry of going into my works medical centre for the test had my pulse racing beforehand , not a good start either .
Totally unique enviroments for the checks and totally unique results .

Sure White Coat Syndrome played a part also .

Robbie said:
Some years back my Works Medical Centre were very concerned with my high blood pressure reading , bottom line was 96 .

Went to my GP after much self denial and a final warning from my Occupational Heaith Nurse .

Had the strap fitted for 24 hrs , I sat in my armchair most of that period , apart from a brisk walk in the afternoon .

Then the wait for the dreaded readings , call came , no further action required , my bottom line averaged out at 80.
Different methods of taking readings using different kit maybe , it was a relief .

The worry of going into my works medical centre for the test had my pulse racing beforehand , not a good start either .

You seem a lot like me Rob, as far as hospitals and Doctors are concerned.. It's just basically avoid avoid, but we are kidding ourselves, the posters above speak sense and a lot of truth.

Speaking to you now, the way I have, seems common sense. I mean why on earth, wouldn't we like to know what's wrong with us? I know it's not only us that do this, it's crazy! Why can't we look after ourselves? And this is not me preaching, I ignore problems all the time, I hide them, it has gone from without going into to much detail, a certain shall we say thing on me, was commented on a few year back, by family and friends, 3 people said what the hell is that? What did I do, put something over it, and hide it, and it's got to the stage now where if I go out in public, it is hidden, because I know exactly what people are going to say, skin cancer, so I just bury my head.. It's just so bloody stupid

If you car was misfiring or hard to start would you just put up with it for years or get it looked at?

I did the poo test that you send back in the post the other week and thankfully all clear.

Niigata Jack said:

Nobody on a forum can tell you how you feel, but you did say that your B.P. was all over the place. Could be many reasons for this, and maybe nothing but would you want in a few years be thinking why didn't I bite the bullet.

If it was just about us as an individual, we take the consequences, but others will be affected.

Robbie said:

Very true

"Sure White Coat Syndrome played a part also"

I bought a simple B.P. monitor back in 2019 as was told I was on the high side of normal.

Had to take readings to take to the G.P. all were ok but the appointment readings were slightly higher and was put down to White Coat.

I had double checked that my monitor was working by borrowing a friends for comparison.

jack123 said:
You seem a lot like me Rob, as far as hospitals and Doctors are concerned.. It's just basically avoid avoid, but we are kidding ourselves, the posters above speak sense and a lot of truth.

Speaking to you now, the way I have, seems common sense. I mean why on earth, wouldn't we like to know what's wrong with us? I know it's not only us that do this, it's crazy! Why can't we look after ourselves? And this is not me preaching, I ignore problems all the time, I hide them, it has gone from without going into to much detail, a certain shall we say thing on me, was commented on a few year back, by family and friends, 3 people said what the hell is that? What did I do, put something over it, and hide it, and it's got to the stage now where if I go out in public, it is hidden, because I know exactly what people are going to say, skin cancer, so I just bury my head.. It's just so bloody stupid

Exactly we all do it and it's not preaching.

Being blunt, read your post again.

You know deep down, it's still the right thing to make an appointment.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back