• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action

Hillbillyjack said:
Aberhugh said:
The violent scenes today in the East stand are a disgrace and were instigated by a group who have in the past displayed openly racist behaviour. During the Cardiff game my daughter and I called out two of this group for shouting racist insults which were vile. Prior to this she had spoken to them about booing taking the knee to which the reply was 'It's political'
Following the game I e-mailed the club with detailed information about the racist behaviour of this group. There was also health and safety concerns regarding these people standing on seats and when we scored and falling on to supporters in front of them and injuring one guy.
I made it clear that I felt this behaviour would be repeated and some overt stewarding would be required with senior stewards present. If my suggestions had been implemented decisive intervention today when the flags were displayed would have prevented the violent scenes. I feel let down by the club and unsupported when tackling racism on the terraces. Lots of fine words before the Cardiff game have not been backed up by action to root out racists. The club must support the fans when they call out racist behaviour as well as their players. My wife tackled them today about booing taking the knee.
I exchanged a number of e-mails with people in the club and identified the problem and perpetrators. The club must now take action to stop this blatant racism and protect the health and safety of supporters. It is time they took seriously their duty of care to us and not leave it to us to police people's behaviour.
So if you boo the taking the knee that makes you racist then?because I don't agree with taking the knee but I'm not racist

What do you get out of booing it though?

Risc said:
Hillbillyjack said:
So if you boo the taking the knee that makes you racist then?because I don't agree with taking the knee but I'm not racist

What do you get out of booing it though?

A chubby. Jingoism points. He's struck a blow against some strawman. Hurr, hurr I owned those unwashed lefties. I'm mummies special soldier.

Sad times when you have to do something to prove your not a racist...... like kneeing or clapping someone kneeing.

What next having to have an injection to move freely.....Oh sh1t

Casual Gentleman said:
Sad times when you have to do something to prove your not a racist...... like kneeing or clapping someone kneeing.

Quite so

Casual Gentleman said:

They're not kneeling to prove they're not racist. They're kneeling to remind people that there's still racism in football and more needs to be done to stamp it out.

Hillbillyjack said:
Aberhugh said:
The violent scenes today in the East stand are a disgrace and were instigated by a group who have in the past displayed openly racist behaviour. During the Cardiff game my daughter and I called out two of this group for shouting racist insults which were vile. Prior to this she had spoken to them about booing taking the knee to which the reply was 'It's political'
Following the game I e-mailed the club with detailed information about the racist behaviour of this group. There was also health and safety concerns regarding these people standing on seats and when we scored and falling on to supporters in front of them and injuring one guy.
I made it clear that I felt this behaviour would be repeated and some overt stewarding would be required with senior stewards present. If my suggestions had been implemented decisive intervention today when the flags were displayed would have prevented the violent scenes. I feel let down by the club and unsupported when tackling racism on the terraces. Lots of fine words before the Cardiff game have not been backed up by action to root out racists. The club must support the fans when they call out racist behaviour as well as their players. My wife tackled them today about booing taking the knee.
I exchanged a number of e-mails with people in the club and identified the problem and perpetrators. The club must now take action to stop this blatant racism and protect the health and safety of supporters. It is time they took seriously their duty of care to us and not leave it to us to police people's behaviour.

The thing is you don't decide if you are a racist, your actions do. Booing players taking the knee marks you out as a racist because you disapprove of equal rights for black and other non-white people with white people.

LeonWasTheDog's said:
Casual Gentleman said:

They're not kneeling to prove they're not racist. They're kneeling to remind people that there's still racism in football and more needs to be done to stamp it out.
Well said, but I wouldn't have bothered replying to such a dim post.

jacabertawe said:
LeonWasTheDog's said:

Fair point, well made. I find it all thoroughly depressing, it's hard not to respond. The club (and other clubs) have gone out of their way to say why they are taking the knee. Part of me wishes they'd adopted a different approach, but then people would find a way to politicise and discredit whatever else they came up with. We've been largely free of this sort of rubbish on here, so I hope we're not going to see it creeping in again.

Costello said:
Casual Gentleman said:

Quite so

You don’t have to clap in order to prove that you’re not racist.

LeonWasTheDog's said:
jacabertawe said:

Fair point, well made. I find it all thoroughly depressing, it's hard not to respond. The club (and other clubs) have gone out of their way to say why they are taking the knee. Part of me wishes they'd adopted a different approach, but then people would find a way to politicise and discredit whatever else they came up with. We've been largely free of this sort of rubbish on here, so I hope we're not going to see it creeping in again.

They know exactly what it represents and exactly why they boo it.

LeonWasTheDog's said:
Casual Gentleman said:

And hopefully they carry on doing so while at the World Cup in Dubai and any games played in the old Eastern Bloc/ Russian countries.
Football's top authorities actually encourage racism, religious bigotry, direct discrimination by not taking action.
Be interesting to see these so called leaders of societal change, publicly denounce the Middle East countries Human rights abuses/ racism/ bigotry (including slavery btw) when they have the chance.
Won't hold my breath.

It's up to the fans to stop the discrimination in football.
Players only follow the money and what it wants them to do.
Noticed they've all stopped doing the BLM terrorist organisation power fist now they've been told not to

Dewi1jack said:
LeonWasTheDog's said:

And hopefully they carry on doing so while at the World Cup in Dubai and any games played in the old Eastern Bloc/ Russian countries.
Football's top authorities actually encourage racism, religious bigotry, direct discrimination by not taking action.
Be interesting to see these so called leaders of societal change, publicly denounce the Middle East countries Human rights abuses/ racism/ bigotry (including slavery btw) when they have the chance.
Won't hold my breath.

Noticed they've all stopped doing the BLM terrorist organisation power fist now they've been told not to

Qatar. 👍🏻

Darran said:
Dewi1jack said:
Won't hold my breath.

Qatar. 👍🏻

I see Lewis Hamilton had his rainbow helmet on in Qatar and will wear it is Saudi Arabia and Abu Dhabi.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back