• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action

Cooperman said:
Fireboy said:
Just don't boo, simple innit.

Aye, it's not hard to fathom things out.

To paraphrase
"Think of how stupid the average person is and then realise that 50% of people are stupider than that"

Taking the knee is not going to change endemic racism and never will in my opinion. In fact, the booing has increased over time.

As for booing it - those individuals who choose to do that have as much right to boo as those who choose to applaud. It's a different argument morally obviously.

What drives someone to boo, if they’re not racist? You don’t have to clap players demonstrating against inequality, but what excuse is there to boo?

I have read on numerous occasions that people making racist remarks are not the problem, rather that those calling it out are. The same poster claims not to be racist, whilst also trotting out ‘all lives matter’, fully knowing the negative connotations within the context.

These type of people are stinking out these boards and our club.

Itchysphincter said:
What drives someone to boo, if they’re not racist? You don’t have to clap players demonstrating against inequality, but what excuse is there to boo?

I have read on numerous occasions that people making racist remarks are not the problem, rather that those calling it out are. The same poster claims not to be racist, whilst also trotting out ‘all lives matter’, fully knowing the negative connotations within the context.

Spot on.

Itchysphincter said:

They must be booing their tv’s over there because most of them don’t even go to the games.

Neath_Jack said:
Itchysphincter said:

They must be booing their tv’s over there because most of them don’t even go to the games.

I did notice booing in the east for the first time during the Cardiff game. Some people are feeling empowered, it’s genuinely heart breaking to see what’s happening on these boards being reflected in the stands. We were brought up to be better than this. I suppose it’s all about internet traffic at the end of the day, to hell with principles.

Neath_Jack said:
Itchysphincter said:

:lol:

Itchysphincter said:
Neath_Jack said:

I did notice booing in the east for the first time during the Cardiff game. Some people are feeling empowered, it’s genuinely heart breaking to see what’s happening on these boards being reflected in the stands. We were brought up to be better than this. I suppose it’s all about internet traffic at the end of the day, to hell with principles.

For me it's all about having access to the views of fellow racists that they didn't have access to before social media. They just seem to be repeating what their fellow racists are saying parrot fashion - "all lives matter", "marcsists", "I'm not racist but..(something very racist)", "MSM", "I've done my research". It's almost as if they don't have a brain to come up with they're own stuff...

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back