• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Realistic Replacements

Anybody know how much time he devotes to his other business interests?

MrSwerve said:
Anyone with a modicum of tactical nous would fare better than Russell. Let's be honest, he wasn't even our first choice and he certainly pulled up no trees at MK Dons. His transfers have been a disaster. 3 wins in 19 was it? Plus the Blackpool win needed an OG. It's difficult to do much worse.

Like you say, Martin wasn't even first choice, because others turned us down and that was without doubt because of the owners reluctance to add the players both Potter wanted and then Cooper after him and they've done the same to Martin, although nobody can blame them on that front.

For that reason I'm struggling to see as to who would come knocking the door down to come and manager us, I just don't it happening.

Niigata Jack said:
Like you say, Martin wasn't even first choice, because others turned us down and that was without doubt because of the owners reluctance to add the players both Potter wanted and then Cooper after him and they've done the same to Martin, although nobody can blame them on that front.

For that reason I'm struggling to see as to who would come knocking the door down to come and manager us, I just don't it happening.

Who were the other choices?
Serious question.

I think the best part about this is that if (when) we get rid then there won't necessarily be a shortage of options. There are only 92 teams in the English four divisions and only 44 in the top two divisions

Despite our low(ish) budgets and lack of ambition we won't be short of options

IMO

PSumbler said:
I think the best part about this is that if (when) we get rid then there won't necessarily be a shortage of options. There are only 92 teams in the English four divisions and only 44 in the top two divisions

Despite our low(ish) budgets and lack of ambition we won't be short of options

IMO

Spot on there’ll be applicants from everywhere for a job like this.

The market for us is usually young upcoming coaches looking for a shot. They will take the job regardless of our issues as its a huge risk to let a chance pass. Jody Morris was the alternative to RM and it took him 18 months to get a job...in L2. Whether the next guy will be any good is impossible to say obviously.

This idea people on social media are shouting that you need to name replacements if you want Russ gone is laughable.

Bordering on Stockholm Syndrome for some people with Russ. Obvious it's over but they refuse to accept it. Every other club in the FL would have sacked him for this run and utterly comical defending from day 1 of getting here.

What's Martins weekly wage?

There will be plenty of managers who are available who would be happy to come in and earn a few grand a week.....there will be plenty of interest.

There is an half decent squad albeit not a top one for this division and there will be scope for new players this summer, so there will be room for a new man to bring in his own players.

The issue we have, will the people in power be capable and knowledgeable enough to get someone in atleast half decent for the job.

Make no bones, like any job in the champ......there will be plenty of applicants.

magicdaps10 said:
What's Martins weekly wage?

There will be plenty of managers who are available who would be happy to come in and earn a few grand a week.....there will be plenty of interest.

There is an half decent squad albeit not a top one for this division and there will be scope for new players this summer, so there will be room for a new man to bring in his own players.

The issue we have, will the people in power be capable and knowledgeable enough to get someone in atleast half decent for the job.

Make no bones, like any job in the champ......there will be plenty of applicants.

Great post Magic Man.

jruss said:
The market for us is usually young upcoming coaches looking for a shot. They will take the job regardless of our issues as its a huge risk to let a chance pass. Jody Morris was the alternative to RM and it took him 18 months to get a job...in L2. Whether the next guy will be any good is impossible to say obviously.

This idea people on social media are shouting that you need to name replacements if you want Russ gone is laughable.

Bordering on Stockholm Syndrome for some people with Russ. Obvious it's over but they refuse to accept it. Every other club in the FL would have sacked him for this run and utterly comical defending from day 1 of getting here.

I find it strange that typically the people who refuse to accept any criticism of Martin tend to be the younger generation who probably can't remember the pre-Premier League/pre top of the Championship days. This is likely the least successful and worst football period in their Swans supporting lives.

It is those of us who can remember the League Two (and it's old money guises too) days who are perhaps the most vocal about him being rubbish and wanting him out.

It just seems a bit backwards to what you'd expect.

ARQS said:
I find it strange that typically the people who refuse to accept any criticism of Martin tend to be the younger generation who probably can't remember the pre-Premier League/pre top of the Championship days.

The strange thing is on twitter not all of them are,some long time fans have really taken me by surprise with their undying love for Russell.

Darran said:
The strange thing is on twitter not all of them are,some long time fans have really taken me by surprise with their undying love for Russell.

Even the people who criticise him say they can see what he's trying to do... personally I have absolutely no idea.

I often wonder what his ideal match would be... If someone held a gun to my head, I would say it would be to have 80% possession, not give the opposition a shot and score with 1 of our 2 or 3 shots on target.

ARQS said:
Even the people who criticise him say they can see what he's trying to do... personally I have absolutely no idea.

I often wonder what his ideal match would be... If someone held a gun to my head, I would say it would be to have 80% possession, not give the opposition a shot and score with 1 of our 2 or 3 shots on target.

Indeed. :lol:

ARQS said:
I find it strange that typically the people who refuse to accept any criticism of Martin tend to be the younger generation who probably can't remember the pre-Premier League/pre top of the Championship days. This is likely the least successful and worst football period in their Swans supporting lives.

It is those of us who can remember the League Two (and it's old money guises too) days who are perhaps the most vocal about him being rubbish and wanting him out.

It just seems a bit backwards to what you'd expect.

That's very true.

Are we just more experienced spotting a flawed manager? Know the clear difference between him and Rodgers/Roberto etc having lived through it?

I was happy to back him last year as a season in transition but you have to say what you see. This season is a joke and he clearly cant produce a basic defensive outfit. No amount of extra cash from the owners will change this.

ARQS said:

That's it spot on for me - I just cannot see what the long term plan is and I certainly cant say I can see any signs of improvement in his time here - flashes of it occasionally yes but nothing that resembles a plan

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back