• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Realistic Replacements

Darran said:
Roberts and Tate interests me.

Buts it's them across the pond that need to be interested.. they probably didn't even know it was a game on yesterday mun.. I bet their financial sheets are looking pretty good, thank f*ck they didn't waste money on Russ's project..

Would Tate leave Forest to come here under these owners?

Not if he has any sense.

PSumbler said:
I think the best part about this is that if (when) we get rid then there won't necessarily be a shortage of options. There are only 92 teams in the English four divisions and only 44 in the top two divisions

Despite our low(ish) budgets and lack of ambition we won't be short of options

IMO

Yeah, they were battering down the liberty doors after Cooper left, of course.

May get a few testing the water, but once they know the contract that'll be on offer, they'll be putting the phone down.

Jackpot said:
Osian Roberts

More chance of getting Julia Roberts, he ain't gonna leave a Premier League club to earn a fraction of what he's probably on now, plus not being to get the players he'll want.

I'm not even sure he'd want to be the No1, seems to me like he see's his role as a No2.

Niigata Jack said:

May get a few testing the water, but once they know the contract that'll be on offer, they'll be putting the phone down.

There may have been many people contacting the club we’ll never know.
There may not have been mind.

Niigata Jack said:

Do you know how many people we spoke to or how many people actually proactively made contact with us? That's not a critical comment but a genuine question.

So we know we are exceptionally unlikely to poach anyone given it'll cost compensation so the chances are it is out of work managers who will be far less worried about the packages on offer

We will not be short of options if it happens - whether they are the options that we want remains to be seen.

The Shysters are obviously seeing out his contract until the end of the season. By then, and it doesn’t take a lot of imagination, we could be relegated.
We are possibly only 2 losses away from the bottom 3, with Rotherham being the 4th.
How significant will Monday's match be?
I dread to think what confidence will be left, if we loose that one.

PSumbler said:
Do you know how many people we spoke to or how many people actually proactively made contact with us? That's not a critical comment but a genuine question.

So we know we are exceptionally unlikely to poach anyone given it'll cost compensation so the chances are it is out of work managers who will be far less worried about the packages on offer

We will not be short of options if it happens - whether they are the options that we want remains to be seen.

I obviously don't know that, but I can't remember anyone knocking the door down to come here and considering that Martin was said to be 3rd or 4th choice, it seems that was correct and
we bought Martin out of his contract at MKD's and did all the necessary "due diligence" in doing so "apparently"

I hope you are right and we'll have them queuing down to B&Q in trying to get such a marvellous opportunity of working for the Levien, Kaplan and Silverstien consortium, I await that with nervous anticipation. :shock:

Whaleoilbeefhooked said:
The Shysters are obviously seeing out his contract until the end of the season. By then, and it doesn’t take a lot of imagination, we could be relegated.
We are possibly only 2 losses away from the bottom 3, with Rotherham being the 4th.
How significant will Monday's match be?
I dread to think what confidence will be left, if we loose that one.

We are 2 losses from the bottom 3? :roll: I am sure Burnley are going to end up getting 0 points vs Huddersfield, Blackpool and Wigan. It is you lot that make the #martinout crowd so hard to agree with.

Niigata Jack said:
I obviously don't know that, but I can't remember anyone knocking the door down to come here and considering that Martin was said to be 3rd or 4th choice, it seems that was correct and
we bought Martin out of his contract at MKD's and did all the necessary "due diligence" in doing so "apparently"

I hope you are right and we'll have them queuing down to B&Q in trying to get such a marvellous opportunity of working for the Levien, Kaplan and Silverstien consortium, I await that with nervous anticipation. :shock:

In all seriousness though Max how would you know if people were "knocking down the door"?

I've no doubt that Martin was not first choice - the press reports told us that but that doesn't mean he was the only option just the one that everyone decided was the best

Who was on the interview panel?

PSumbler said:
In all seriousness though Max how would you know if people were "knocking down the door"?

I've no doubt that Martin was not first choice - the press reports told us that but that doesn't mean he was the only option just the one that everyone decided was the best

Who was on the interview panel?

Vincent Van Tan and members of the Leeds Utd board going on Martins success here, that's 100%, I was told in confidence so don't go spreading this news, an inspired appointment without doubt.

Jdflyer said:
We are 2 losses from the bottom 3? :roll: I am sure Burnley are going to end up getting 0 points vs Huddersfield, Blackpool and Wigan. It is you lot that make the #martinout crowd so hard to agree with.

The only reason to agree with the '#martinout crowd' should be what you see on the football pitch week in, week out. If you can look at that and think Russell Martin should stay as our manager, then there's not a lot of hope for you sorry.

Every incoming manager at any club goes in with a short list of things that need to be put right first so that there is a base on which to build. Usually, but not always, that starts with improving the defence and making the team harder to beat. Once that is achieved so that results and performances have stabilised, there is breathing space before going onto the next phase. When RM came here, the team had reached the playoffs for the previous 2 seasons so his first plan was to improve the team's ability to keep the ball which he clearly achieved relatively quickly. So, he now had a base on which to build the team. WTF happened? What was phase 2 of the process and why has it still not materialised more than a year later?

Niigata Jack said:
Vincent Van Tan and members of the Leeds Utd board going on Martins success here, that's 100%, I was told in confidence so don't go spreading this news, an inspired appointment without doubt.

:lol: :lol: Maybe next time we use a better panel ;)

Never mind at least he did the double over Cardiff, we had a celebratory flag and everything

karnataka said:
Every incoming manager at any club goes in with a short list of things that need to be put right first so that there is a base on which to build. Usually, but not always, that starts with improving the defence and making the team harder to beat. Once that is achieved so that results and performances have stabilised, there is breathing space before going onto the next phase. When RM came here, the team had reached the playoffs for the previous 2 seasons so his first plan was to improve the team's ability to keep the ball which he clearly achieved relatively quickly. So, he now had a base on which to build the team. WTF happened? What was phase 2 of the process and why has it still not materialised more than a year later?

I've said it multiple times but it baffles me how a team managed by a defender is so bad at defending and yet he doesnt seem to take any responsibility for it

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back