• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Rhys Williams

JackArmy14 said:
When we've dominated possession against shithouse teams sure Naughton has been great at playing out from the back.

When we've played teams like Fulham, Bournemouth who have attacking players that will actually test our defense, Naughton isn't so instrumental then. Mitrovic tore him a new arsehole.

Naughton just doesn't have all the necessary tools (like actually being able to play as a central defender when called for) and we can't expect him to be the long term answer in that position.

Sorry if that offends you, its just my opinion.
Spot on naughton only looks good when we are dominating sides and possession, w
Hen we are up against it he can't defend gets caught on ball,ball watches and players ghost in behind him,he's a liability when we up against it,but when we dominating possession it's easy for him to pass 5 yard passes here and there making him look like he's actually good,more passes than the Barnsley team the other night but them passes were sideway or backwards 5 yards doing nothing..

Don’t think he’ll leave Flynn Downes out again. Shows how much we missed his defensive work with the sloppy goals we conceded !!

Hillbillyjack said:
JackArmy14 said:
When we've dominated possession against shithouse teams sure Naughton has been great at playing out from the back.

When we've played teams like Fulham, Bournemouth who have attacking players that will actually test our defense, Naughton isn't so instrumental then. Mitrovic tore him a new arsehole.

Naughton just doesn't have all the necessary tools (like actually being able to play as a central defender when called for) and we can't expect him to be the long term answer in that position.

Spot on naughton only looks good when we are dominating sides and possession, w
Hen we are up against it he can't defend gets caught on ball,ball watches and players ghost in behind him,he's a liability when we up against it,but when we dominating possession it's easy for him to pass 5 yard passes here and there making him look like he's actually good,more passes than the Barnsley team the other night but them passes were sideway or backwards 5 yards doing nothing..

Has been our best centre half this season by a country mile. And even today Bennett and especially Williams made a huge number of mistakes.
Drop Naughton and put any of our 'natural' centre backs in and see how we play, it'll be dire because none of them can play football or have the ability to step out with the ball.
It is more important to how we play to have a player who can play rather than a 6"4 hoof ball merchant in there.

We are on a par with Reading.

Gave us a good game.

We had to rotate, we were close enough to winning and could have lost by more.

Never takes long before Naughton takes a blaming. Old habits die hard.

Dr. Winston said:

But he’s made one mistake during the game mun, try and keep up.

Dr. Winston said:

Agree.
Laird, Grimes and Williams should all have been subbed at half time.
Clearly struggling

Lifelong said:
Dr. Winston said:

But he’s made one mistake during the game mun, try and keep up.

He probably should have just put the ball in Row Z but it was a stupid pass to him in the first place that immediately put him under pressure. Not a good goal at all from a team standpoint.

Lots of questions raised yesterday. Down to RM to answer them.

JackArmy14 said:

Is the right answer

Bridgendjack said:
Don’t think he’ll leave Flynn Downes out again. Shows how much we missed his defensive work with the sloppy goals we conceded !!

This for me. Was probably the biggest surprise for me yesterday was not seeing Downes start. Williams starting was the wrong decision but not a surprise if that makes sense

Bridgendjack said:

Put that on the indy site and see how long it takes for that imbecile andy cole to reply.

JackArmy14 said:

This is spot on Naughton will never be able to compete against a big physical CF. However the problem i have is if RM wants a ball playing CH why didnt he put Downes there as I am getting concerned teams shut Lairds pace down and play the cross ball behind Bennet which kills us. It was so apparent yesterday from where i was sitting. Thought Laird was handled well yesterday, i was looking at our side walking off half time and thoought we looked lightweight and slow. We need to develop Cabango or sell and find a pacy CH who can do the Naughton job the reason Bennet is not playing there is he is slow.

KrunchyKarrot said:
JackArmy14 said:

This is spot on Naughton will never be able to compete against a big physical CF. However the problem i have is if RM wants a ball playing CH why didnt he put Downes there as I am getting concerned teams shut Lairds pace down and play the cross ball behind Bennet which kills us. It was so apparent yesterday from where i was sitting. Thought Laird was handled well yesterday, i was looking at our side walking off half time and thoought we looked lightweight and slow. We need to develop Cabango or sell and find a pacy CH who can do the Naughton job the reason Bennet is not playing there is he is slow.

Rhys Williams played like a rabbit in the headlights and Laird was totally owned all match.

Costello said:
KrunchyKarrot said:

Rhys Williams played like a rabbit in the headlights and Laird was totally owned all match.
Yeh its worrying, the defending for the goal from Laird and Bennet was really sloppy, as was the Carroll goal. But players make errors, what i cant accept is the fact we put ourselves in a bad postions by taking really quick free kicks after we have just scored.

KrunchyKarrot said:
Costello said:
Yeh its worrying, the defending for the goal from Laird and Bennet was really sloppy, as was the Carroll goal. But players make errors, what i cant accept is the fact we put ourselves in a bad postions by taking really quick free kicks after we have just scored.

Yeah quick free kicks - what have those ever really achieved for us?

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back