• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Roberto Martinez Interview

Looking forward to this. Water under the bridge and all that.

Lovey bloke who we’ve got a lot to thank for.

From coming in as a player and helping us survive relegation from the football league, to coming in as manager and changing the whole ethos of the club that would eventually see us rise to the Premier League, win a major tournament and play European football.

Yes… he didn’t stay and finish the job but he certainly set the wheels in motion.

JustJack said:
He upset me and I forgive him.

He upset me and i will never forgive him. Vastly over rated, got some of the best players in the world and can't get them even close to winning anything. Bell end .

Magic_Michu said:

From coming in as a player and helping us survive relegation from the football league, to coming in as manager and changing the whole ethos of the club that would eventually see us rise to the Premier League, win a major tournament and play European football.

Yes… he didn’t stay and finish the job but he certainly set the wheels in motion.

The thing is that its that kind of thinking that some still regard Jenkins as a Swansea City FC legend, yet they both shit on SCFC, all be it more so Jenkins.

I absolutely detested him and if he came on tv I’d have to turn over quickly to stop myself spitting at the screen but on Saturday 11th April 2015 Roberto Martinez brought his Everton team to the Liberty Stadium to play the mighty Swans in a Premier League fixture.
We weren’t there,we were sat by Amy’s bed in ITU in Morriston Hospital where she was critically ill but stable with Sepsis,she’d been unconscious all week and had gone down to just over two stone in weight.

On the following Monday the sister in charge of ITU came to us and asked if Mike McCabe the consultant from A&E could come and speak to us.
My wife and I immediately wanted to know what was wrong as we thought it was going to be devastating news but the ward sister said she didn’t know.
Later that morning the door opened and Mr McCabe walked in,I recognised him from the local paper and I’d seen him at the Liberty,he spoke to the ward sister and she pointed over to us.
He walked over and introduced himself and asked about Amy and said he’d looked at her notes and all the signs were looking positive,he was very comforting and reassuring.

Then he said “anyway the reason I’m here is because my secretary has taken a phone call from Roberto Martinez’s secretary this morning and Roberto and Richard Evans noticed you guys weren’t at the match on Saturday and they’d been told the reason why and they would like to know how Amy is doing?”

I just started crying.

Then he asked for permission for his secretary to phone Everton back and pass on the information.
He shook our hands,said everything will be ok and left.

Don’t be too bitter guys it’s only football.

Darran said:
I absolutely detested him and if he came on tv I’d have to turn over quickly to stop myself spitting at the screen but on Saturday 11th April 2015 Roberto Martinez brought his Everton team to the Liberty Stadium to play the mighty Swans in a Premier League fixture.
We weren’t there,we were sat by Amy’s bed in ITU in Morriston Hospital where she was critically ill but stable with Sepsis,she’d been unconscious all week and had gone down to just over two stone in weight.

On the following Monday the sister in charge of ITU came to us and asked if Mike McCabe the consultant from A&E could come and speak to us.
My wife and I immediately wanted to know what was wrong as we thought it was going to be devastating news but the ward sister said she didn’t know.
Later that morning the door opened and Mr McCabe walked in,I recognised him from the local paper and I’d seen him at the Liberty,he spoke to the ward sister and she pointed over to us.
He walked over and introduced himself and asked about Amy and said he’d looked at her notes and all the signs were looking positive,he was very comforting and reassuring.

Then he said “anyway the reason I’m here is because my secretary has taken a phone call from Roberto Martinez’s secretary this morning and Roberto and Richard Evans noticed you guys weren’t at the match on Saturday and they’d been told the reason why and they would like to know how Amy is doing?”

I just started crying.

Then he asked for permission for his secretary to phone Everton back and pass on the information.

Well said Darren… a wonderful story.

Darran said:

I just started crying.

Great story that Dar and respect to them both, and you're right it is only Football, but I can't forgive him, could be said that he did us a favour, as perhaps we may have not had the success we did have after he left, who knows.

Niigata Jack said:
Darran said:

I just started crying.

Great story that Dar and respect to them both, and you're right it is only Football, but I can't forgive him, could be said that he did us a favour, as perhaps we may have not had the success we did have after he left, who knows.

You’re nearly 70:years old ffs grow up.

Niigata Jack said:
Magic_Michu said:

The thing is that its that kind of thinking that some still regard Jenkins as a Swansea City FC legend, yet they both s**t on SCFC, all be it more so Jenkins.

I’d thank Jenkins too… because funnily enough, we’re still a million times better off now than where we would have been if he didn’t come and save us… whilst in that time we also experienced Premier League, League Cup and European Success.

Darran said:
Niigata Jack said:

You’re nearly 70:years old ffs grow up.

Its 8,1/2 yrs away and you'll be there a few yrs before I reach the milestone.

The grow up bit is a tad ironic, considering on how you still lust after Cheap Trick, like a school girl you bellend. :lol:

Magic_Michu said:
Niigata Jack said:
The thing is that its that kind of thinking that some still regard Jenkins as a Swansea City FC legend, yet they both s**t on SCFC, all be it more so Jenkins.

I’d thank Jenkins too… because funnily enough, we’re still a million times better off now than where we would have been if he didn’t come and save us… whilst in that time we also experienced Premier League, League Cup and European Success.

That's up to you and you're entitled to that opinion.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back