• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Roberto Martinez

He has failed as Belgium manager, so far
Anything less than winning something with that set of players is failure

Best_loser said:
He has failed as Belgium manager, so far
Anything less than winning something with that set of players is failure

Gareth Southgate has done better at tournaments with England than Roberto has done with Belgium. Ouch.

Mad to think that someone who started their managerial career with us is now being considered for one of the biggest jobs in world football. We've been spoiled over the years.

Don't get the dislike for Roberto. He's obviously rubbish because little old Barca may be interested in him.

CurtessECarr said:
Don't get the dislike for Roberto. He's obviously rubbish because little old Barca may be interested in him.
We wouldn't have had anywhere near the success without him.It's dream come true for him.From Swansea to Barca what an achievement.

Article on the Barca situation.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58643421

Maybe he can throw a few players our way.

CurtessECarr said:

The dislike for Roberto is because of the way he left the club after telling all who would listen, that he would have to be sacked to leave the club when he was manager. He's obviously not a man of his word and definitely not one to be trusted. As others have said , if you can't win anything with this Belgium side you are a very poor manager. I was one of his biggest fans when he was player and manager with us , but the way in which he left the club and took some of our staff with him was the turning point for me. Still absolutely detest the man to this day.

I don't dislike him at all, will always be grateful for the success he brought us and the groundwork he left for future success.

But for a club like Barcelona to apparently be considering appointing a manager with his record suggests they really are on the decline. In club football his honours list is a League One win and a single FA Cup. He also has no Barcelona links, unlike Koeman, Pep, Luis Enrique, etc.

Good for him if it happens though and I wish him all the best.

Barcelona are a shambles at the moment & very broke - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58643421

Good luck to him. Whoopy-do he left us after saying he'd have to be dragged from here.

We've all got our price. Football is such a fickle sport at times.

Darran said:
One of the most overrated managers in thx world.

Journeyman player who somehow managed to use a press profile to turn a single lucky smash and grab one time in 100 FA Cup win into a reputation for talented management. Some folks just get lucky I suppose. Never good enough for Everton, never mind Barca.

He was, however, bloody good for us and I’ll always remember those two seasons with joy. Even got a good tune out of Gorka. We were silly to think he meant what he said literally; I’m sure he never thought at the time that PL cloobs would come in for him. Yeah he did some underhand stuff, but they all do. I was poleaxe by it at the time but we grew stronger, so there’s no point in animosity now. If he could make a silk purse out of that Catalan basketpig then good luck to him. And we can still take reflected glory. As someone said on the other site, where’s Dave Jones now.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back