• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Rugby World Cup 2023

Gatland has done an unbelievable job, we were an absolute shambles when he walked back in through the WRU doors, what a performance tonight, I don't care how poor Australia may have been, the team stuck to their task they did seem nervy early on, even after that try, but that second half was immense from Wales.

Our maul and scrum were simply on another level, even the replacements dominated

Some people don't get team sports. Remember when we were in the Premier league and regularly beat the big boys? It was always because our opponents were crap according to some. The point about this is that each team's performance is directly related to the other team's impact on them.
We just annihilated Australia. We choked them to death defensively and they got more and more desperate and made mistake after mistake due to the pressure exerted on them.
They were sh1t because we made them sh1t.

Niigata Jack said:
Gatland has done an unbelievable job, we were an absolute shambles when he walked back in through the WRU doors, what a performance tonight, I don't care how poor Australia may have been, the team stuck to their task they did seem nervy early on, even after that try, but that second half was immense from Wales.

Wales actually didn’t pop their pants when ahead and their maturity was simply far greater than I’ve ever seen. A big statement made tonight - I think a lot of the favourites will have been shocked by this Nigata

Watch this space...
We should get to the semi finals with the wind behind us.
We ain't going to win the big cup, it's either Éire or the Boks for me, but let's enjoy the ride.
But you never know 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Aussies turned down the chance of a 3 point penalty shot just before half time , opted for the line out and blew it .

After that call their players heads dropped and Wales got the upper hand , bad decision , the points were available .

According to the commentators Australian Rugby Union is now struggling as a National sport which is bad news .
Even the Kiwis are not now all conquering .

After Ireland v South Africa last night , the men in Green look good , dark horses the so erratic French , with home support .

Robbie said:
According to the commentators Australian Rugby Union is now struggling as a National sport which is bad news .

I think I read somewhere that the Union game is now the fifth ranked most popular sport in Oz. League and Aussie rules leave it in the dust; even swimming has a popularity rating as high as the egg.

Cooperman said:
I think I read somewhere that the Union game is now the fifth ranked most popular sport in Oz. League and Aussie rules leave it in the dust; even swimming has a popularity rating as high as the egg.

It's because they've been crap for a while. Aussies only like it when they're winning.

They appointed Nicnac Jones to save them, with a Lions tour and World Cup down there on the horizon in the next 4 years.

monmouth said:
It's because they've been crap for a while. Aussies only like it when they're winning.

They appointed Nicnac Jones to save them, with a Lions tour and World Cup down there on the horizon in the next 4 years.

Nic Nac Jones 😂😂😂

monmouth said:

That’s fair dinkum, mate
(In a Joe Mangle voice).

TheLoneRanger said:
I never thought I'd say this, but well done Wayne Barnes - reffed this match brilliantly.

I thought exactly the same as you when I saw he was the ref, then had to change my tune by the end just like you.

Dillwyn the Dog said:
Wales actually didn’t pop their pants when ahead and their maturity was simply far greater than I’ve ever seen. A big statement made tonight - I think a lot of the favourites will have been shocked by this Nigata

I didn't say they pooped their pants after the try at the start, they did seem a little nervy when the Aussies attempted to chuck the kitchen sink at them for the next 15/20mins or more, Wales were magnificent in defence and it took the stuffing out the Aussies, that first half will live long in the memory it seemed like the longest 40 minutes ever.
Wales came out for that second half and within 5 minutes they took total control, awesome performance, like I posted above Gatland has done wonders and in a relatively short time.
He just gets us it seems, think he's struggled with club sides he's taken over back in NZ, but he just clicks with Wales.

Old thumb head has come out and said it doesn't matter because he's building a team to be competitive for the next World Cup, what a bullb.

Swanjaxs said:
Old thumb head has come out and said it doesn't matter because he's building a team to be competitive for the next World Cup, what a bullb.

Apparently he's had a Zoom interview with the Japan RFU about taking over there, according to a rumour broadcast by Talkshit this morning, if that's a case he won't be building for the Aussie World Cup squad if that's the case.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back