• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Rugby World Cup 2023

JustJack said:
The pool stage is dragging now

24 teams into 6 groups of 4 is about 16 years overdue

The problem with this is that the gulf between #1 and #24 in the world is simply massive.

Another option would be to have a mini group of the lower ranked nations which feeds the main draw of 4 x 4, but all as part of the formal World Cup competition.

I agree with your general point though.

Cooperman said:
The problem with this is that the gulf between #1 and #24 in the world is simply massive.

Another option would be to have a mini group of the lower ranked nations which feeds the main draw of 4 x 4, but all as part of the formal World Cup competition.

I agree with your general point though.

Something should be considered. Or maybe a shield cup as the commentators mentioned

I think as we’ve made light work of qualifying for the next stage, the feeling of dragging might be exaggerated

Some shocking decisions by TMO and the ref this evening.. how can they not give a red for a clear forearm smash into the chops.. Portugal's defence was shocking, but that disallowed try was bizarre, it was infringement after infringement

Skippyjack said:
Some shocking decisions by TMO and the ref this evening.. how can they not give a red for a clear forearm smash into the chops.. Portugal's defence was shocking, but that disallowed try was bizarre, it was infringement after infringement

Yes. No idea what that disallowed try was all about. Portugal refreshing. Need to be involved in Six Nations. Relegation competition needed - last place and two contenders. On current form that would be Italy Portugal and Georgia.

Libertarian said:
Something should be considered. Or maybe a shield cup as the commentators mentioned

I think as we’ve made light work of qualifying for the next stage, the feeling of dragging might be exaggerated

The two week gap also doesn’t help.

I'm in agreement, they need to grow the game for these teams.. lack of matches and Portugal showed tonight that they're more than part timers.. decent defence coach and less 7s rugby, they need to look at Fiji and do what they're doing

Im all for the 6 nations becoming 8 (say) with relegation. But it’s fitting in the games around league competitions that’s the issue. Clubs tend to (quite rightly) want their players playing for them.
You could just add relegation now, but as one year you have 3 games at home and the next you have 2, I’m not sure if some years would be more unfair on a team. Also the toughness of the opposition at home and away each year changes makes me think maybe relegation every 2nd year when you’ve played all teams home and away? Relegation playoff if deferent teams have finished bottom for the 2 years. Bit crazy, but fairer

JustJack said:
The pool stage is dragging now

24 teams into 6 groups of 4 is about 16 years overdue

The sheer physicality of the sport would make it impossible for any team to play three games in a week, the RWC would only be dragging on if you were not totally invested in the game of Rugby Union...

Some tackles in this game are brutal.. South Africa are an absolute animal

Libertarian said:
A lesson on taking your opportunities here….

I don't know mind, the rule needs to change, it's happened twice this tournament and it's stupid it isn't considered a knock on

Skippyjack said:
I don't know mind, the rule needs to change, it's happened twice this tournament and it's stupid it isn't considered a knock on

I agree with the knock-on, but I was referring to the amount of possession Tonga had on the SA line and then SA go down the other end and score

Anyway, Tonga finally get it over the line. Just when it started to look like SA we’re starting to turn the screw.

Libertarian said:
I agree with the knock-on, but I was referring to the amount of possession Tonga had on the SA line and then SA go down the other end and score

Anyway, Tonga finally get it over the line. Just when it started to look like SA we’re starting to turn the screw.

South Africa are a different beast, and Tonga have played out of their skins in that half.. it should be a 6 point game though

Skippyjack said:

The Ref in that game made some shocking decisions.

Skippyjack said:
South Africa are a different beast, and Tonga have played out of their skins in that half.. it should be a 6 point game though

Great game, enjoyed it and it was one of those rare games where there wasn't any Yellow cards produced, great contest all in all.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back