• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Rugby World Cup 2023

Niigata Jack said:
Great game, enjoyed it and it was one of those rare games where there wasn't any Yellow cards produced, great contest all in all.

It's gone bonkers lately In the football and rugby

Libertarian said:
Something should be considered. Or maybe a shield cup as the commentators mentioned

I think as we’ve made light work of qualifying for the next stage, the feeling of dragging might be exaggerated

Shield tournament, maybe. I would like to see the winner(s) of a prelim set of fixtures have a crack at the major nations. I just don’t think there’s room for twenty in the groups.

Wales v Georgia ...

Wales team:

15-Liam Williams, 14-Louis Rees Zammit, 13-George North, 12-Nick Tompkins, 11-Rio Dyer, 10-Gareth Anscombe, 9-Tomos Williams, 1-Gareth Thomas, 2-Dewi Lake (capt.), 3-Tomas Francis, 4-Will Rowlands, 5-Dafydd Jenkins, 6-Aaron Wainwright, 7-Tommy Reffell, 8-Taulupe Faletau

Replacements: 16-Elliot Dee, 17-Nicky Smith, 18-Henry Thomas, 19-Christ Tshiunza, 20-Taine Basham, 21-Gareth Davies, 22-Sam Costelow, 23-Mason Grady.

Cooperman said:
The problem with this is that the gulf between #1 and #24 in the world is simply massive.

Another option would be to have a mini group of the lower ranked nations which feeds the main draw of 4 x 4, but all as part of the formal World Cup competition.

I agree with your general point though.

It's no different from 1-20 really.

I would argue that Portugal have done better than Italy, in terms of performances.

USA, Canada and Spain are three teams who can come in and do no worse than the others, they are all ranked higher than Chile (who beat the USA to qualify)

Plus I would love to see the likes of Germany, Brazil and Netherlands have a chance on the world stage,that's what it should be about

Funny to read that South Africa are worried that the Irish/Scots will carve up the result to get em eliminated.
Be hilarious if that materialised.

Faletau out with broken arm. Misses rest of World Cup. That’s a big blow.

How the actual fùck can you manage to time yourself out at a penalty kick 🤡 :lol: :lol:

And the continuous butchering of the national anthems continues.

Not sure about how the semi finals work out but it's gotta be a France v Éireann showpiece for the pot for rugby purist surely Jeff ...

Fiji v Portugal last group stages game, expecting some champagne rugby here lads 😎

JustJack said:
The pool stage is dragging now

24 teams into 6 groups of 4 is about 16 years overdue

It’s coming for the next RWC. I don’t know whether you knew this when you wrote it, but I heard about it for the first time today.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back