• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Russel Ffs

Benda was poor however. Why we continue to put ourselves under pressure at the back is beyond me

Benda is a good choice for cover for a more competent keeper, a second choice. Fisher is not even that. Having said that, any keeper would have a problem playing behind a defense that doesn't follow a defender's instinct of clearing the ball. Down to Martin no doubt.

Without a doubt the manager should take some responsibility for todays second half performance, substitutions were way too late the tide had turned long before he made them.

But,it’s about time some of the blame was aimed in the direction of some of the players.

No need to mention the keeper I think people know my opinion on him, there were others today whose performances perfectly highlight why we are so inconsistent.

Darling is fantastic on the ball but defensively he is all over the place, Wood isn’t great on the ball or defensively.

Another fans favourite who in my opinion is way overrated is Fulton, slow and ponderous on the ball and a liability when it comes to giving free kicks away in dangerous positions, never seen anything in him other than a very average player, another who wouldn’t have got anywhere near some of the footballing sides we’ve had in the past.

Up front we’re sadly lacking at the moment, Piroe has undoubted quality but is struggling with a loss of form, Cullen is another average player but nothing more, Cooper and Congreve have some potential whether they realise that only time will tell I suppose.

The annoying thing is I believe we are only a couple of players away from being a very exciting team,some of our play over the last three games has been sublime even Martins biggest critics must admit that.

Totally dominated Watford, were the equals of Burnley for large parts of that game and again today during the first half we looked very good.

Whether you rate him or not Martin has transformed the way we play. I’m more than happy to give him the time to complete the job, a season and a half is nowhere near long enough to get the job done.

Copamundial said:
Without a doubt the manager should take some responsibility for todays second half performance, substitutions were way too late the tide had turned long before he made them.

But,it’s about time some of the blame was aimed in the direction of some of the players.

No need to mention the keeper I think people know my opinion on him, there were others today whose performances perfectly highlight why we are so inconsistent.

Darling is fantastic on the ball but defensively he is all over the place, Wood isn’t great on the ball or defensively.

Another fans favourite who in my opinion is way overrated is Fulton, slow and ponderous on the ball and a liability when it comes to giving free kicks away in dangerous positions, never seen anything in him other than a very average player, another who wouldn’t have got anywhere near some of the footballing sides we’ve had in the past.

Up front we’re sadly lacking at the moment, Piroe has undoubted quality but is struggling with a loss of form, Cullen is another average player but nothing more, Cooper and Congreve have some potential whether they realise that only time will tell I suppose.

The annoying thing is I believe we are only a couple of players away from being a very exciting team,some of our play over the last three games has been sublime even Martins biggest critics must admit that.

Totally dominated Watford, were the equals of Burnley for large parts of that game and again today during the first half we looked very good.

Whether you rate him or not Martin has transformed the way we play. I’m more than happy to give him the time to complete the job, a season and a half is nowhere near long enough to get the job done.

I find that a very strange end statement. When Darling Russ has been here 18 months and I read somewhere he is the 7th longest serving manager in the Championship.
Taking into account there are only 9 clubs below us.
I would agree he's transformed the way we play in having more possession an creating more opportunities for the opposition than for us.

CurtessECarr said:
I find that a very strange end statement. When Darling Russ has been here 18 months and I read somewhere he is the 7th longest serving manager in the Championship.
Taking into account there are only 9 clubs below us.
I would agree he's transformed the way we play in having more possession an creating more opportunities for the opposition than for us.

Well it’s my opinion simple as that, having watched the Swans since 73 I’ve seen many a team and manager come and go, you’re letting yourself down by using terms like “ darling “, I just think he’s doing a decent job, be careful what you wish for that’s all I’m saying.

Individual mistakes are costing us dear. Russ talks about adding reinforcements in January to improve the final third. Defensively, we continue to make mistakes. He needs to address this.

Richard said:
Individual mistakes are costing us dear. Russ talks about adding reinforcements in January to improve the final third. Defensively, we continue to make mistakes. He needs to address this.

Didn't Russ sign three of our back four today? No one else is to blame for that.

old cob said:
Didn't Russ sign three of our back four today? No one else is to blame for that.

He did and an ex defender himself yet defensively we are all aover the place a fraud of a manager should be collecting his p45

Tbf he signed Wood only but Latibeaudiere. Manning and Cabango were here when he got here.

It does say a lot though that after all his signings today we had just two in the starting eleven. One of which was Joe.

Copamundial said:
Well it’s my opinion simple as that, having watched the Swans since 73 I’ve seen many a team and manager come and go, you’re letting yourself down by using terms like “ darling “, I just think he’s doing a decent job, be careful what you wish for that’s all I’m saying.

A decent job? By what metric?

15th last season, 15 this season. 80+ games managed, millions of pounds spent, his own players brought in from his old club, a whole year (and seemingly a half) completely written off and excused away…

This man could not have realistically been supported any more than he has, and we are in no better position than when he took over. Arguably much worse.

He’s a chancer that hates to take immediate responsibility so hides behind “the process” and the “don’t judge me now, judge me when I’m gone” mantra.

I honestly think he is the worst Swansea City manager since the likes of Freestone/Cusack. Even Bob Bradley has a somewhat okay CV, this guy has absolutely zero to back up some peoples faith in him.

NEVER finished in the top half in his career. There is a reason for that.

TheGoodDoctor said:
A decent job? By what metric?

15th last season, 15 this season. 80+ games managed, millions of pounds spent, his own players brought in from his old club, a whole year (and seemingly a half) completely written off and excused away…

This man could not have realistically been supported any more than he has, and we are in no better position than when he took over. Arguably much worse.

He’s a chancer that hates to take immediate responsibility so hides behind “the process” and the “don’t judge me now, judge me when I’m gone” mantra.

I honestly think he is the worst Swansea City manager since the likes of Freestone/Cusack. Even Bob Bradley has a somewhat okay CV, this guy has absolutely zero to back up some peoples faith in him.

NEVER finished in the top half in his career. There is a reason for that.

Nobody can surely disagree with this. ⤴️

1 win in how many??
Where else would that be tolerated after a year & a half??

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back