• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Russel Ffs

Copamundial said:
Well it’s my opinion simple as that, having watched the Swans since 73 I’ve seen many a team and manager come and go, you’re letting yourself down by using terms like “ darling “, I just think he’s doing a decent job, be careful what you wish for that’s all I’m saying.

Why do you keep mentioning 1973 for? Are you James Blunt?

Cooperman said:
Why do you keep mentioning 1973 for? Are you James Blunt?

Its because he's trying to enforce the thought that he's a Swans supporter. I've been smelling a rat for some time myself.

ABSwan said:
Its because he's trying to enforce the thought that he's a Swans supporter. I've been smelling a rat for some time myself.

I don’t know about smelling something but you’re definitely taking something, is that the best you can come up with when somebody has a different opinion to yours?…..pathetic!!

TheGoodDoctor said:
A decent job? By what metric?

15th last season, 15 this season. 80+ games managed, millions of pounds spent, his own players brought in from his old club, a whole year (and seemingly a half) completely written off and excused away…

This man could not have realistically been supported any more than he has, and we are in no better position than when he took over. Arguably much worse.

He’s a chancer that hates to take immediate responsibility so hides behind “the process” and the “don’t judge me now, judge me when I’m gone” mantra.

I honestly think he is the worst Swansea City manager since the likes of Freestone/Cusack. Even Bob Bradley has a somewhat okay CV, this guy has absolutely zero to back up some peoples faith in him.

NEVER finished in the top half in his career. There is a reason for that.
Well said.

I find it alarming how a lot of our fans accept this fraud as manager.

What qualifies him? I still don’t understand. It’s simply mind blowing how he’s got a job managing a club who has aspirations to get back into the Premier League.

Would Middlesbrough, Reading, West Brom and the other clubs hoping to return to the Premier League one day even consider Russ? Not a chance. But again, this club has an obsession with trying to play “the Swansea Way”. And passing backwards and sideways instead of playing high tempo, attacking football is apparently just that - “the Swansea Way”.

We’re a bit of a joke in reality.

Roger said:
Well said.

I find it alarming how a lot of our fans accept this fraud as manager.

What qualifies him? I still don’t understand. It’s simply mind blowing how he’s got a job managing a club who has aspirations to get back into the Premier League.

Would Middlesbrough, Reading, West Brom and the other clubs hoping to return to the Premier League one day even consider Russ? Not a chance. But again, this club has an obsession with trying to play “the Swansea Way”. And passing backwards and sideways instead of playing high tempo, attacking football is apparently just that - “the Swansea Way”.

We’re a bit of a joke in reality.

I don’t think it does anyone any good to be calling him a fraud Rog.
He’s an employee of our football club who is in charge of the first team who organises and takes training,he believes in a certain style of football that clearly isn’t working.
As I’ve said before on here and on Twitter I believe too many people have lost all concept of Association Football.
The objective the game is to win football matches,we clearly aren’t winning enough football matches.
I will say mind I honestly don’t get why so many people absolutely adore him,I don’t hate him or anything I just don’t get based on the one thing that matters most,results,why so many people think so highly of him.
There are people I know who’ve supported us for 50 years plus that think he’s doing a great job and it baffles me.

Darran said:
He’s an employee of our football club who is in charge of the first team who organises and takes training,he believes in a certain style of football that clearly isn’t working.
As I’ve said before on here and on Twitter I believe too many people have lost all concept of Association Football.
The objective the game is to win football matches,we clearly aren’t winning enough football matches.
I will say mind I honestly don’t get why so many people absolutely adore him,I don’t hate him or anything I just don’t get based on the one thing that matters most,results,why so many people think so highly of him.
There are people I know who’ve supported us for 50 years plus that think he’s doing a great job and it baffles me.

Fraud is probably overly critical but I’m just frustrate, Darran.

I’ve supported the Swans since 1989. And I’ve never been this bored watching us.

Apparently we are trying to sign 20 year old Leeds United forward Joe Gelhardt on loan for the rest of the season, can you really see Jesse Marsch allowing Martin anywhere near this lad :lol:

No chance, just go ask Rhys Williams, Finley Burns, Fin Stevens and Armstrong Oko-Flex how much they enjoyed thier time under the guidance of Russell Martin?
The guy is a borderline mentalist :lol:

Roger said:

I’ve supported the Swans since 1989. And I’ve never been this bored watching us.

No he's definitely a fraud

Roger said:

Pfft, 1989? Copdamundial has 16 years on you. ;)

Roger said:

I understand your frustration Rog.
As I’ve also stated several times in the past too we had people saying they could see what Martin was trying to do after his first game in charge.
I had no idea what they were talking about then and I have absolutely no idea today.

Whether you want to call him a 'fraud' or not, I've never heard a Swans manager speak such utter rubbish in all my life.

Darran said:

You're right.

More like YTS Apprentice Manager who's swallowed one too many Harvard Business Review Mags, who can't ever shake off the cheap used car salesman look and spiel.

15th last year.  15th now.  Away fans support is also dwindling - now down to 16th.

We need and deserve so much better than this pretender. Our squad is playoff material.

Any proper independent assessment would show:  Way, Way Below Expectations -   D-

It certainly doesn’t help calling someone a fraud it’s fairly evident Russell Martin as the head coach wants to do a good job and leave the club in a better position that where he found it which in my opinion should be the target for a professional head football coach.

Light Data
Martin has now coached Swansea in 78 games so we’ve got a fairly big sample size and the metrics point to a middling team which is what we currently are 27 wins, 23 draws and 28 defeats which is very similar to his MK Dons record across 80 games. 105 goals scored and 113 conceded are also very middle ground in terms of attacking and defensive output.

Style
Russ is someone who has always pushed his teams to pass the ball as much as possible and wear the opposition out. He promoted this at MK Dons and at Swansea. The results lots of possession sometime 75% + which you would suggest is a positive.
The problem is this is not a metric teams are measured by anymore. Modern football is far more prevalent to how quickly you recover the ball, number of interceptions, number of big chances created. These are what teams are looking at. Martin himself will look at this but it’s not his primary focus and volume of possession will likely suggest a better XG and factor in how many times this season we have chased a game from a losing position.

Burnley for me are a good example of the team we should try and be more like. Aggressive and eager to press from the outset but also able to keep the ball when needed to kill a game with far less passing amongst the centre backs.

Signings
Unfortunately this area hasn’t been a success but the manager only takes partial blame here as some of these singing wouldn’t have been his.
Of the ones we know were driven by him Fisher and Sorinola haven’t worked at all. The jury is still out on Harry Daring but the fact he has been in and out of the team tells you all you need to know.
Looking back to last January we had a decent window with Christie and Wolff adding pace and power down the flanks but losing them was a blow. Of the loan summer signings Finley Stevens was pointless, Oko-Flex and Cundle have shown flashes but again not overwhelming success stories.

Man Management
We don’t know what goes on behind the scenes but it’s evident Martin has had some difficult squad members to deal with and he’s even hinted at a public swipe at them in recent weeks. I’ve got sympathy here as he’s been let down on a couple of occasions which won’t have helped.

The Answer?

The answer?

He should go back to MK and take Fisher and Sorrynola with him. We’ll gamble on our Darling with a proper coach.

They’d finish 15th so he’d ‘save’ them and we could get someone to actually manage the assets we have properly. Win-win.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back