• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Russel Howard (down the arena)

jack123

Michu
Reaction score
Tickets bought

I could not wait to leave there. Never been so bored in my life.

And at over 12 quid for 2 pints of lager, thank you so much Swansea City council for bringing this to our fair city.

Surely you'd seen some of his comedy before and knew what you were going to see? He's not my cup of tea either.

£6 a pint is steep, but pretty much par at any similar venue these days.

So now Swansea Council have f*cked up by getting a new arena built in the city because you didn't like the act you chose to buy tickets for and because alcohol at such venues is expensive? :lol:

I love an early morning Jack123 post. You're great value, never change. :D

I've read bad stuff about the legroom there, though I've not been yet.

[off topic]
I've enjoyed comedy nights, where there's a compère and 3/4/5 comics doing a turn, but every headline comic act that stands there for 90 minutes has bored me silly. Even Frank Skinner, who I think is great on telly.

Actually Ricky Gervais has two shows on Netflix that I thoroughly enjoyed watching. But I'd not pay his rates to go to a show.
[/off topic]

Just to say I had a pint of cider in the Marstons pub on Friday afternoon and it was £5.20. It was empty, so it was more entertaining than listening to Russell Howard. Bargain.

Ps the pub was empty. £5.20 for an empty pint would have been too rich, even for Bristol.

Squarebear said:
I've read bad stuff about the legroom there, though I've not been yet.

[off topic]
I've enjoyed comedy nights, where there's a compère and 3/4/5 comics doing a turn, but every headline comic act that stands there for 90 minutes has bored me silly. Even Frank Skinner, who I think is great on telly.

Actually Ricky Gervais has two shows on Netflix that I thoroughly enjoyed watching. But I'd not pay his rates to go to a show.
[/off topic]

Ben Elton, before he turned into an arsehole, Billy Connolly and Peter Kay, before anyone had heard of him, kept me in tears of laughter throughout. For Elton (about 1991) I was hurting with laughter. Most others, yeah, better on game shows and set formats than standup. Howard can be quite funny on his you tube clips. I’m not a fan, but I bet some don’t like him because he is very critical of right wing twats and gammons.

jack123 said:
Tickets bought

I could not wait to leave there. Never been so bored in my life.

And at over 12 quid for 2 pints of lager, thank you so much Swansea City council for bringing this to our fair city.

£6 a pint is probably what you'd pay at most of the places on the Marina in fairness.

Comedy can cover so many topics and varieties , no one act will ever be universaly popular .
Maybe Peter Kay will come close in the UK , doubt the Americans would get him .

Arguments will always occur over styles of comics and their ability to deliver .

Always thought Lily Savage was great , many preferred the Paul O"Grady act . Hugh Dennis I find very funny , also Milton Jones and Gary Delaney .

What do people find funny in Ant and Dec , maybe millions of TV Saturday viewers prove me wrong .

On a side note been to a few shows , mainly music stuff, and after paying tidy prices for tickets sat there wondering why did I bother ,

JackSomething said:
Surely you'd seen some of his comedy before and knew what you were going to see? He's not my cup of tea either.

£6 a pint is steep, but pretty much par at any similar venue these days.

So now Swansea Council have f*cked up by getting a new arena built in the city because you didn't like the act you chose to buy tickets for and because alcohol at such venues is expensive? :lol:

I love an early morning Jack123 post. You're great value, never change. :D

Yes, used to quite enjoy his show a few year back, Good News?

I just felt on a different wavelength last night compared to the rest of the audience , they were laughing their socks off, and I'm just sitting there thinking, what am I missing?

I enjoyed Dara O'briain down there a couple of weeks ago. The venue is great and just what Swansea needed.

I saw his Saturday matinee performance, was 4 rows from the front, in the middle and thought he was great...I've just got tickets for Micky Flanagan at the end of the month in Cardiff...he is the Master!!!

I knew that the drinks are really expensive in the Arena, so had a couple of shants in The Cross Keys beforehand. Also, the only lager they sell in the Arena is that Yankee Bud and Bud Lite piss that is way too sweet...

Attachments

• 20230401_143125.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 665
BrynCartwright said:
I saw his Saturday matinee performance, was 4 rows from the front, in the middle and thought he was great...I've just got tickets for Micky Flanagan at the end of the month in Cardiff...he is the Master!!!

I knew that the drinks are really expensive in the Arena, so had a couple of shants in The Cross Keys beforehand. Also, the only lager they sell in the Arena is that Yankee Bud and Bud Lite piss that is way too sweet...

Hmm, I was at the back. Thinking of it, I struggled to hear what he was saying most of the time.

I used to enjoy him on the bbc 3 programme a few year back.

Maybe it's just me, and live comedy doesn't work? This may sound silly, but it felt kind of weird when he just spoke a few lines, and hundreds of people were in hysterics, I'm sitting there right, it must be funny listen and concentrate, so I did, couple of more lines, and the audience erupts in laughter again. I'm just thinking, ferk let's get out of here. :D

I quite like Peter Kay, but after last night I don't think I would go and see him live, it seems unless you are in tune with the audience, it sort of ruins the experience?

And on reflection, i will not whinge about the venue or prices, it's pretty good, and for the duration of the show, just 2 pints wasn't too bad I suppose, next time I go there, I'll pick a music event, not comedy.

Ricky Gervais in Cardiff last November was the funniest night ever. ( apart from yesterday of course).

jack123 said:
Hmm, I was at the back. Thinking of it, I struggled to hear what he was saying most of the time.

I used to enjoy him on the bbc 3 programme a few year back.

Maybe it's just me, and live comedy doesn't work? This may sound silly, but it felt kind of weird when he just spoke a few lines, and hundreds of people were in hysterics, I'm sitting there right, it must be funny listen and concentrate, so I did, couple of more lines, and the audience erupts in laughter again. I'm just thinking, ferk let's get out of here. :D

I quite like Peter Kay, but after last night I don't think I would go and see him live, it seems unless you are in tune with the audience, it sort of ruins the experience?

And on reflection, i will not whinge about the venue or prices, it's pretty good, and for the duration of the show, just 2 pints wasn't too bad I suppose, next time I go there, I'll pick a music event, not comedy.
I saw the Aussie Pink Floyd Experience there last year, and was not just really impressed by the venue and band, but the sound system and acoustics are just fantastic.......unlike our venerable fkn football stadium, where you're lucky to make out 1 word in 10....cannot believe they haven't fixed it...

Was down there last November for Level 42 gig. Drinks were a bit pricey but hey it's a night out. We were about 4 rows from the front just off centre, got to say the leg room was plenty, even for my long legs. Sound and lighting was great tbf.
As an aside we saw Bobby Davro( I know) once, I swear I nearly died laughing he was superb.

BrynCartwright said:
I saw the Aussie Pink Floyd Experience there last year, and was not just really impressed by the venue and band, but the sound system and acoustics are just fantastic.......unlike our venerable fkn football stadium, where you're lucky to make out 1 word in 10....cannot believe they haven't fixed it...

Thinking of it, I have a similar photo to what you took, and just looked at it now, and there is a fair distance in comparison.

Do you think the sound levels would be the same at front, the same at back?

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back