• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Russel Martin

STID2017 said:
jacabertawe said:
I do get the impression that RM, in his post match comments, talks as if he is summarising a training session. There is no real analysis of why the opposition beat us, just mentions his pleasure at (usually) most of our play and highlights "a few individual errors, which cost us".

I too found his after match interview strange.
Yes, we could have scored a hatfull had we taken our chances.
Also, had we not made silly errors to give them at least three of the goals, then of course the outcome would have been different.
However, many of us armchair critics can arrive at those conclusions for free.
Martin and his team are getting paid a decent wage to come up with the same conclusion apparently.
Oh, plus he was pleased with the performance, just not the mistakes.
Really Russ ?

We've been making these errors all season, but it seems like only now he's twigged on, we're so weak and frail when teams get at us.. Martin is on the epiphany of delusion or protecting the players.. I think it's delusion personally..

Manning is not very good defensively
Bennett is never a marauding CB weird wing back role and neither is Cabango
Grimes and Downes are too similar, chuck in Smith and we've got the least mobile midfield 3 in existence, lacking serious pace
Hamer is not good enough, he doesn't make any saves, and the ball always ends up in the net with him

I cant remember the last time we conceded 4 at home. (Narch under Potter?) I keep reading we had chances. We have chances every single week and we miss them all. You cant have a defence like this and play like we do. Unfortunately this is exactly what people have asked for. Schooled today.
Everyone is talking about a transitional season where-as Forest have transitioned over night. Incidentally their "amazing squad" was bottom of the fking league 13 games ago and no team outside the top two has more points since they appointed their manager. Say what you like about Cooper, he knows how to win football matches shame that doesn't seem to be enough. I'm never happy when we lose. I'm sadder today because it just became more evident that we are, fundamentally, a worse team for our change in philosophy, how ever fun we can be to watch once a month. The irony is we will be probably have to revert back to how we played at the start of season. Oh goody.

West Brom v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back