• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Russell dismisses West Brom links… well sort of

A4Jack

Staff member
Reaction score
Russell Martin has been linked with the vacant manager’s position at West Brom after Steve Bruce’s dismissal earlier this week and was quizzed on his interest in the role in today’s press conference. The Swans boss has enjoyed a huge upturn in fortunes after a less than favourable start saw the...

Read more

His attempt to answer the question in his Burnley interview is funny. “If they offer me the job I’ll be gone” is what he wanted to say, and it took him 10 minutes to dance around it all. Some ridiculous nonsense too.

He’d be gone by February at WBA. He’s also taking all the credit for MK last season…presumably not this season.

Martin hasn't achieved anything in this league or the one below. Be a strange appointment when you see the likes of Wilder are free agents.

Lump on Megson 😀

monmouth said:
His attempt to answer the question in his Burnley interview is funny. “If they offer me the job I’ll be gone” is what he wanted to say, and it took him 10 minutes to dance around it all. Some ridiculous nonsense too.

He’d be gone by February at WBA. He’s also taking all the credit for MK last season…presumably not this season.

It's now beyond unacceptable how low the lowly hacks have fallen.

They are either incapable or have been warded off pinning down our Russ.

Not once has Russ been challenged on his Plan A, B or D. Not once has Russ articulated the revolutionary shift from A to D. Not once has Russ been put to task to explain anything technical in detail.

We need proper journos doing proper journalism for these vacuous pressers with Russ.

I was recently offered a press pass for these pressers - watch this space........

TBH, as long as we keep winning, he can say whatever he wants. It was a hell of a transparent plea to WBA mind. All he had to say is football can be unpredictable but I'm happy and settled here thanks. Next.

Jak365 said:
monmouth said:

It's now beyond unacceptable how low the lowly hacks have fallen.

They are either incapable or have been warded off pinning down our Russ.

Not once has Russ been challenged on his Plan A, B or D. Not once has Russ articulated the revolutionary shift from A to D. Not once has Russ been put to task to explain anything technical in detail.

We need proper journos doing proper journalism for these vacuous pressers with Russ.

I was recently offered a press pass for these pressers - watch this space........

What pressers have you seen where the manager is asked intricate detail on tactics? And what manager in their right mind would openly give that information to the press?! I know a lot of people are pissed that it looks like they could have been wrong about Russ and can’t fathom for a second that a young manager may be learning from his own mistakes, but to have a go for not explaining the finer details of his tactics is pathetic really. It’s as if people are willing him to fail, which is so bloody odd considering his failure results in our teams failure.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back