• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Russell Martin

• Thread starter Geoff
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 164
  • Views: Views 34,980
Never trust anyone with the initials RM !

monmouth said:
JoshTheJack said:
What a fecking rollercoaster,Best option out of everyone interested imo.Please please get it done.

If he joins us I’ll feel sorry for MK. He’s really played them and we’d better get used to the idea that he’ll be gone at the sniff of a better job. He’s their Martinez. A right two faced twat. Nasty taste all round.

But we need a manager, so tough s**t I suppose.

Cant be true. Must be a mistake. Our club is a total basket case without a pot to piss in and he’d never leave his ‘cloob’.for such a bunch of losers.

monmouth said:
JoshTheJack said:
What a fecking rollercoaster,Best option out of everyone interested imo.Please please get it done.

If he joins us I’ll feel sorry for MK. He’s really played them and we’d better get used to the idea that he’ll be gone at the sniff of a better job. He’s their Martinez. A right two faced twat. Nasty taste all round.

They broke my heart as a teenager in the Johnstones paint trophy area final with Willy in goals no less. Now we're square. :lol:

monmouth said:
JoshTheJack said:

It's worrying that he thinks he's better off with us :lol: :lol: :lol:

Swanjaxs said:
monmouth said:

It's worrying that he thinks he's better off with us :lol: :lol: :lol:

Him choosing to come here casts immediate doubt on his judgement.

Thought the writing was on the wall when his assurances to MK only extended as far as tomorrow. If he comes here, gets a decent season, reaches the play-offs and falls just short, I think we all know what would come next. That's football these days, everyone shits on those below them in the food chain. That's modern football for you, and if we're honest, it was always thus to a certain extent.

Jacket said:
Thought the writing was on the wall when his assurances to MK only extended as far as tomorrow. If he gets a decent season, reaches the play-offs and falls just short, I think we all know what would come next. That's football these days, everyone shits on those below them in the food chain. That's modern football for you, and if we're honest, it was always thus to a certain extent.

In fairness, if he gets this squad anywhere near the playoffs he deserves a sainthood :lol:

Stinks of what Roberto did to us, built a philosophy then left for a bang average club a league above us, at least with him he got us to the championship and did a season first though

The thing is, we're a club built for a manager like Martin, and I think he can see that, I think its a match made in heaven
We have to give him a season though as it'd be unfair to expect play offs or higher joining us a week before our first match and with little of the window left
MKDons fans seem to think we wont give him time but I think this is the club he'll get all the time in the world at

Swanjaxs said:
Jacket said:
Thought the writing was on the wall when his assurances to MK only extended as far as tomorrow. If he gets a decent season, reaches the play-offs and falls just short, I think we all know what would come next. That's football these days, everyone shits on those below them in the food chain. That's modern football for you, and if we're honest, it was always thus to a certain extent.

In fairness, if he gets this squad anywhere near the playoffs he deserves a sainthood :lol:

It's one way of keeping hold of your staff and avoiding a repeat of this circus next season. Saying that, it didn't work with Potter!

https://theathletic.co.uk/2439914/2021/03/14/is-a-teams-identity-really-more-important-than-their-results/

Is a team’s identity more important than results?

For me, yes.

Wonder what signings he’ll want, presuming all his top targets he’s signed for MK Dons, 9 signings I believe he made and convinced Josh Mceachran to sign a new deal with them yesterday.

Swansea93 said:
Wonder what signings he’ll want, presuming all his top targets he’s signed for MK Dons, 9 signings I believe he made and convinced Josh Mceachran to sign a new deal with them yesterday.

Their fans have suggested that he might have wanted to bring McEachran here. :lol: He wouldn't get anywhere near the place, I'm actually surprised he has coped in L1.

Anyway, their fans are understandably upset but what they have to realise when they keep banging on about the 'process' is that the point of a process is to have a start and an end, and problem solving in between. If Martin has implemented a process and then left the process is not broken, that's the point - they have some problem solving to do and they carry on. We had the same with Martinez and Sousa in particular - everyone thought the wheels would fall off when Martinez left but Sousa came in, solved the defensive problem but carried on the process which culminated in Brendan as the solution. After that we plateaued, Laudrup embellished it a little but the days of Leon, Rangel, Dyer, etc were numbered and whilst Laudrup pulled some great moves with Chico, JdG and Michu the process was complete and we dropped a boIIock by not acting faster, knowing that Leon et al couldn't go on for ever. Potter was supposed to be the start of a new process, but then we screwed up by going for a Monk-like appointment in Cooper. Mistakes are made and solutions are found, hopefully Martin will be the right solution at this time.

Itchysphincter said:
Swansea93 said:

Their fans have suggested that he might have wanted to bring McEachran here. :lol: He wouldn't get anywhere near the place, I'm actually surprised he has coped in L1.

Anyway, their fans are understandably upset but what they have to realise when they keep banging on about the 'process' is that the point of a process is to have a start and an end, and problem solving in between. If Martin has implemented a process and then left the process is not broken, that's the point - they have some problem solving to do and they carry on. We had the same with Martinez and Sousa in particular - everyone thought the wheels would fall off when Martinez left but Sousa came in, solved the defensive problem but carried on the process which culminated in Brendan as the solution. After that we plateaued, Laudrup embellished it a little but the days of Leon, Rangel, Dyer, etc were numbered and whilst Laudrup pulled some great moves with Chico, JdG and Michu the process was complete and we dropped a boIIock by not acting faster, knowing that Leon et al couldn't go on for ever. Potter was supposed to be the start of a new process, but then we screwed up by going for a Monk-like appointment in Cooper. Mistakes are made and solutions are found, hopefully Martin will be the right solution at this time.

Great post

Itchysphincter said:
Swansea93 said:

Hipefully so, I do worry though that he wont be given the time to reform the style and elements of the squad, if he is going to use wing backs I think we need reinforcement the centre of defence in that area. If he has a plan then he needs to be allowed to execute it. He wont get money sp he needs time. He also needs Scott to buy into his vision though I am less worried about that.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back