• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Sacked for a joke about MP Carolyn Harris on Twitter

Its the WOKE world from now on. Get used to it.

Be careful what you say, do, how you dress, don't look anyone in the eye.

They'll have you.

For someone to lose thier livelihood over this is very worrying, as stated, he took down his post within 10 minutes and offered up an apology.

Anyone seen the official paperwork for his dismissal?

Would be interesting to see what reason they gave.

Says it was too late to appeal, what was the timeline of him being told he was being sacked, and when he tried to appeal.

Pathetic, folk need to get a sense of humour.
This is actually a worrying trend, free speech will soon be a thing of the past. If you abuse someone or engage in racist stuff, you get what you deserve, however, you literally cant say anything these days, without someone taking offence or someone taking offence on someone else's behalf. Snowflake society, we're doomed.

She's a fckn disgrace. Its mental health awareness week of which she is always pushing that area for help etc, she could have been the bigger person by forgiving the lad.
And if yer reading this Carolyn....you are the bigger person!

Neath_Jack said:

Says it was too late to appeal, what was the timeline of him being told he was being sacked, and when he tried to appeal.

It looked like he had history of being told about wearing clothing with political statements. I understand companies like this would like to stay non-political as far as facing the customer was concerned.

Possible this was an excuse to get rid of him.

Wrong on all levels for me.

ABSwan said:
Neath_Jack said:

It looked like he had history of being told about wearing clothing with political statements. I understand companies like this would like to stay non-political as far as facing the customer was concerned.

None of us know what the official reason was.

If it panned out as it has been reported in this article, I'd imagine he will be in for a bumper pay-out in a tribunal.

Never mind though, the overweight woman will get the blame for it, based on a local shitrag report.

Way over the top, not sure its got anything to do with the MP though , I haven't seen it reported she had anything to do with morrisons decision

sainthelens said:
She's a fckn disgrace. Its mental health awareness week of which she is always pushing that area for help etc, she could have been the bigger person by forgiving the lad.

This has nothing to do with her, so far as we can see. But that still didn't stop you calling her a disgrace and fat. If she and her family faced 72 hours of abuse because of his tweat then I'm sure that it's about to get a lot worse for her and for them

She makes a good point about people not wanting to get into politics because of stuff like this.

The only person who should be sacked is his line manager or whoever made that decision without even talking to him (is that even legal?). If he was sacked for hurting Morrison's image then why is the manager still in a job?

Glyn1 said:
sainthelens said:

This has nothing to do with her, so far as we can see. But that still didn't stop you calling her a disgrace and fat. If she and her family faced 72 hours of abuse because of his tweat then I'm sure that it's about to get a lot worse for her and for them

She makes a good point about people not wanting to get into politics because of stuff like this.

The only person who should be sacked is his line manager or whoever made that decision without even talking to him (is that even legal?). If he was sacked for hurting Morrison's image then why is the manager still in a job?

You muppet...where have I said the word fat? Think yer one of the woke brigade sadly.

Neath_Jack said:
ABSwan said:

If it panned out as it has been reported in this article, I'd imagine he will be in for a bumper pay-out in a tribunal.

Never mind though, the overweight woman will get the blame for it, based on a local shitrag report.

I’m willing to bet there’s more to it than just this tweet.

exiledclaseboy said:
Neath_Jack said:

I’m willing to bet there’s more to it than just this tweet.

Which would be the conclusion of anyone who doesn't have an axe to grind.

The majority of people who shop there probably voted for her, maybe that had something to do with it

sainthelens said:
Glyn1 said:

You muppet...where have I said the word fat? Think yer one of the woke brigade sadly.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings. Which bit of what I said did you disagree with?

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back