• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Sarah Harding RIP

• Thread starter Darran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 36
  • Views: Views 5,586
We have vaccines for Covid and for the flu (neither is completely effective but they both save lives). We don't have cures for cancer, or for strokes, or for dementia, or for heart attacks, and vaccines wouldn't have been effective in any of those cases. I'm honestly struggling to understand what you're saying.

sainthelens: do you believe that cancer could be cured but someone is preventing that from happening? I may have misunderstood you because you aren't clear.

Glyn1 said:
We have vaccines for Covid and for the flu (neither is completely effective but they both save lives). We don't have cures for cancer, or for strokes, or for dementia, or for heart attacks, and vaccines wouldn't have been effective in any of those cases. I'm honestly struggling to understand what you're saying.

sainthelens: do you believe that cancer could be cured but someone is preventing that from happening? I may have misunderstood you because you aren't clear.

Always been sceptical that a cancer cure will be found as there is too many making money trying to find one.

I find it difficult to believe that if a treatment existed that cured cancer, the drug company involved would rather sit on it instead of the gigantic and perpetual pile of cash that such a thing would generate.

Dr. Winston said:
I find it difficult to believe that if a treatment existed that cured cancer, the drug company involved would rather sit on it instead of the gigantic and perpetual pile of cash that such a thing would generate.

Spot on Doc, but think of the charities that have collected over the years.

I'm probably straying into Prof's territory here but as I understand it, cancer is caused by genetic mutation in cells within the DNA which start to replicate very quickly and there are hundreds of different ways this can happen so it's not just one cure that's needed. The current treatment aims to kill the mutated cells whilst trying to avoid killing normal cells. Unfortunately, if some mutated cells are left behind, the disease will reoccur but if some good cells are killed along with all the mutated cells, the cancer may not reoccur but other problems and illnesses will start so it's a very fine line. When drugs are involved some cancerous cells may be resistant but if they are the only ones left and they start to replicate, all of the new cancer will be resistant to the first drug so you need a different drug. It's easier to combat something that has invaded the body a virus rather than something that starts from within for no apparent reason. I don't know if I've explained any of this very well but it's so complicated and If you're interested, there's a shed load of stuff on the internet.

monmouth said:
Seems like this bastard thing touches so many. STID and K, I hope one day we might have a chance to have a beer, I suppose we could invite Swerve 🤣. Not sure about Fireboy and Builth though. No kitty sounds big enough and A&E ain’t so good these days.

Sounds like a good idea 🙂. Strange thing is, and I've often wondered about this, we may all walk past each other most home games and none of us would know or may even sit a few seats away.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back