• Thank you very much | Diolch yn fawr

    All at JackArmy.net would like to thank everyone who has played a part on this site over the past 25 years whether that is through writing, contributing, moderating, posting or just visting and reading.

    Without any of you the work that has gone into the site would have been pointless and we will always be proud that we built, generated and managed a community that was such a big part of the Swansea City supporting life for so long.

    It has been a pleasure to bring to you the site for so long but the time is now right to turn the lights out for the last time but we do it both with a heavy heart and a sense of pride driven by the so many messages received since we announced the closure.

    The site will remain here for a period until we archive and mothball it for the last time later this summer but all aspects are in a read only format.

    Thank you though for all the memories

    Phil Sumbler
    Owner, jackarmy.net

Sarah Harding RIP

  • Thread starter Thread starter Darran
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 36
  • Views Views: Views 7,471
We have vaccines for Covid and for the flu (neither is completely effective but they both save lives). We don't have cures for cancer, or for strokes, or for dementia, or for heart attacks, and vaccines wouldn't have been effective in any of those cases. I'm honestly struggling to understand what you're saying.

sainthelens: do you believe that cancer could be cured but someone is preventing that from happening? I may have misunderstood you because you aren't clear.
 
Glyn1 said:
We have vaccines for Covid and for the flu (neither is completely effective but they both save lives). We don't have cures for cancer, or for strokes, or for dementia, or for heart attacks, and vaccines wouldn't have been effective in any of those cases. I'm honestly struggling to understand what you're saying.

sainthelens: do you believe that cancer could be cured but someone is preventing that from happening? I may have misunderstood you because you aren't clear.

Always been sceptical that a cancer cure will be found as there is too many making money trying to find one.
 
I find it difficult to believe that if a treatment existed that cured cancer, the drug company involved would rather sit on it instead of the gigantic and perpetual pile of cash that such a thing would generate.
 
Dr. Winston said:
I find it difficult to believe that if a treatment existed that cured cancer, the drug company involved would rather sit on it instead of the gigantic and perpetual pile of cash that such a thing would generate.

Spot on Doc, but think of the charities that have collected over the years.
 
I'm probably straying into Prof's territory here but as I understand it, cancer is caused by genetic mutation in cells within the DNA which start to replicate very quickly and there are hundreds of different ways this can happen so it's not just one cure that's needed. The current treatment aims to kill the mutated cells whilst trying to avoid killing normal cells. Unfortunately, if some mutated cells are left behind, the disease will reoccur but if some good cells are killed along with all the mutated cells, the cancer may not reoccur but other problems and illnesses will start so it's a very fine line. When drugs are involved some cancerous cells may be resistant but if they are the only ones left and they start to replicate, all of the new cancer will be resistant to the first drug so you need a different drug. It's easier to combat something that has invaded the body a virus rather than something that starts from within for no apparent reason. I don't know if I've explained any of this very well but it's so complicated and If you're interested, there's a shed load of stuff on the internet.
 
monmouth said:
Seems like this bastard thing touches so many. STID and K, I hope one day we might have a chance to have a beer, I suppose we could invite Swerve 🤣. Not sure about Fireboy and Builth though. No kitty sounds big enough and A&E ain’t so good these days.

Sounds like a good idea 🙂. Strange thing is, and I've often wondered about this, we may all walk past each other most home games and none of us would know or may even sit a few seats away.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top