• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Saudi Football Clubs

Niigata Jack

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
Still perusing Premier League players, Mahez, Henderson, Robinho, Allan Saint-Maximin, Al-Hilal are preparing a 50 million bid for Luis Diaz as well apparently.

A lot of people are whining about Saudi clubs buying up players.Exactly what happened when The Premier League was formed

PaulMatthews said:
A lot of people are whining about Saudi clubs buying up players.Exactly what happened when The Premier League was formed

And the Chinese super league a couple of years back

PaulMatthews said:

There may be a lot Whining, but I'm not just posted a thread to talk about it, I don't think the Premier League will be concerned just yet, although if they start buying up the higher profile players still in their prime so to speak they might be then.

The Premier League has been the moneybags league for a good while now, with the Chinese Super League not lasting long. I think most PL clubs are pretty happy that they're getting a good fee for ageing players and getting big wages off their books. Chelsea certainly must be happy and I'm sure Man U would love them to stump up the money for Slabhead and the like.

The disappointing one is Henderson. Can't say I wouldn't do the same if they're really offering him £700k per week(!), but is still a shame that such a previously strong supporter of LGBT+ rights is off to a country where having sex with someone of the same gender is a crime.

JackSomething said:
The Premier League has been the moneybags league for a good while now, with the Chinese Super League not lasting long. I think most PL clubs are pretty happy that they're getting a good fee for ageing players and getting big wages off their books. Chelsea certainly must be happy and I'm sure Man U would love them to stump up the money for Slabhead and the like.

The disappointing one is Henderson. Can't say I wouldn't do the same if they're really offering him £700k per week(!), but is still a shame that such a previously strong supporter of LGBT+ rights is off to a country where having sex with someone of the same gender is a crime.

I agree, I'm surprised and disappointed at Henderson.

Regards Slabhead [Maguire] then again perhaps they haven't gone in for him :lol:

PaulMatthews said:

Exactly? Lol... English teams weren't owned or propped up to this extent by the government. These were clubs owned by individuals and the $$ boon was really due to expansion and monetization of global markets. The EPL wasn't a part of some grand scheme orchestrated and paid for by a government to increase relevancy of a nation in the global view. This doesn't even touch on the social issues which are just glossed over because money makes the world turn. Was England running public beheadings in the 1970s? Were women treated as second class citizens? Was being gay punishable by death?

Oh ya, and does anyone actually think this is sustainable? Not that they're looking to build anything sustainable.

I have to laugh though at every social media post being inundated with mostly Muslims trying to just hold a mirror like this is what the EPL did... it doesn't take 3 brain cells to differentiate. But hey, guess we have some geniuses in here too.

Overall, it will blow over. I'm hopeful that this public pressure results in Saudi Arabia becoming more socially western, but I bet it will just mean more polarization, because that's the world we live in.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back