• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 20/21: Swansea City v Preston Match Thread

What will the result be against Preston?

• Swans win

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Preston win

Votes: 20 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In all seriousness, just for a moment, as there's no point in staying serious, there really are no words are there?

Leon said it at about 30 minutes, we have to be braver on the ball to sidestep a man to open a passing angle and play it through the lines. Cooper has strangled such creativity out of us though, it's always safety first, so many times in past month or so we have had a throw in or free kick near the area only to end up passing it right the way back to centre halves or the keeper.

Whittaker has made some great runs into space but no one will pick their heads up and see the pass.

Apologies to those who's day I've spoilt so far by watching the game on the links I put up........ :shock: :shock:

PSumbler said:
Well that was just more than a little bit s**t wasnt it

Awful.

But despite the cries of Cooper out etc, I can’t see a formation he could use that makes those players look anything other than slow footed and lacking in ability.

There isn’t a player in this team that would get into the promotion team. Not one. Anywhere near it. Not even in contention. In any formation. So what does he do?

Ayew the second time round has to be one of the worst signings we’ve ever made. A £20m fee, £80k a week and absolutely dreadful impact on our play. Everything stops with him.

I actually think we would do better with 10 men than with 11 with Lowe on the pitch. Every pass to him wasted at best, and at worst leaves us compromised as he loses possession when we are attacking.

bakajack said:
Leon said it at about 30 minutes, we have to be braver on the ball to sidestep a man to open a passing angle and play it through the lines. Cooper has strangled such creativity out of us though, it's always safety first, so many times in past month or so we have had a throw in or free kick near the area only to end up passing it right the way back to centre halves or the keeper.

Whittaker has made some great runs into space but no one will pick their heads up and see the pass.
Shouldn’t have hired him then.

bakajack said:

Our midfield simply doesn’t have the ability to do it.

None of them. Nor do the full backs.

Captain_Sham said:
So we do we go back to 5-3-2?

4 4 2

Naughton Cabango Bennett Manning
Fulton Dhanda Hourihane Routledge
""............ Ayew. Whittaker

Londonlisa2001 said:
PSumbler said:
Well that was just more than a little bit s**t wasnt it

Awful.

But despite the cries of Cooper out etc, I can’t see a formation he could use that makes those players look anything other than slow footed and lacking in ability.

There isn’t a player in this team that would get into the promotion team. Not one. Anywhere near it. Not even in contention. In any formation. So what does he do?

Ayew the second time round has to be one of the worst signings we’ve ever made. A £20m fee, £80k a week and absolutely dreadful impact on our play. Everything stops with him.

He could have tried to coach them in the two years he's been here Lisa? That is his job, after all. He has no excuses. None.

Captain_Sham said:
I actually think we would do better with 10 men than with 11 with Lowe on the pitch. Every pass to him wasted at best, and at worst leaves us compromised as he loses possession when we are attacking.

I’d keep Lowe on before Ayew.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back