• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 20/21: Swansea City v Preston Match Thread

What will the result be against Preston?

• Swans win

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Preston win

Votes: 20 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Epaul said:
Apologies to those who's day I've spoilt so far by watching the game on the links I put up........ :shock: :shock:

Its ok Paul, I can't get onto any of them.

Thank fuck.

monmouth said:
Londonlisa2001 said:
Awful.

But despite the cries of Cooper out etc, I can’t see a formation he could use that makes those players look anything other than slow footed and lacking in ability.

There isn’t a player in this team that would get into the promotion team. Not one. Anywhere near it. Not even in contention. In any formation. So what does he do?

Ayew the second time round has to be one of the worst signings we’ve ever made. A £20m fee, £80k a week and absolutely dreadful impact on our play. Everything stops with him.

He could have tried to coach them in the two years he's been here Lisa? That is his job, after all. He has no excuses. None.

You can’t coach a player to have a completely different level of ability to what they have though Mon.

Londonlisa2001 said:
bakajack said:
Leon said it at about 30 minutes, we have to be braver on the ball to sidestep a man to open a passing angle and play it through the lines. Cooper has strangled such creativity out of us though, it's always safety first, so many times in past month or so we have had a throw in or free kick near the area only to end up passing it right the way back to centre halves or the keeper.

Whittaker has made some great runs into space but no one will pick their heads up and see the pass.

Our midfield simply doesn’t have the ability to do it.

None of them. Nor do the full backs.

Of course they do.

monmouth said:
I hope if we spawn this no one is going to try and be triumphant and claim we are ok.

There'll be some who claim master tactician Cooper was let down by players but is now fist pumping like a Colossus of football.

Roberts is playing so poorly now he's gone from player of the season to player of the season

We are sounding so crap on the radio. Glad we aren't on TV. Can't believe we are on sky so soon this Saturday 🙈

Londonlisa2001 said:
monmouth said:
He could have tried to coach them in the two years he's been here Lisa? That is his job, after all. He has no excuses. None.

You can’t coach a player to have a completely different level of ability to what they have though Mon.

You can coach a team to be greater or lesser than the sum of their parts, though.

It certainly feels like Cooper is doing the latter at the moment.

MrSwerve said:
Londonlisa2001 said:
There isn’t a player in this team that would get into the promotion team. Not one. Anywhere near it. Not even in contention. In any formation. So what does he do?

Sorry Lisa, but there's plenty of talent in this squad. We seem to have lost the ability to do even the basics now...throwing to our own players, stringing more than 2 or 3 passes together. We have plenty of good players here...and I have backed Cooper since he started with us.

Even Grimes can't pass backwards accurately anymore.

There's something strange going on.

Tell me which player gets in the promotion team. Just one.

Blackpooljack said:
Roberts is playing so poorly now he's gone from player of the season to player of the season

Connor’s always been hot and cold, gets a pass for being a jack. Needs to concentrate and up his game instead of spitting his dummy out when it doesn’t go his way.

Londonlisa2001 said:
MrSwerve said:
Sorry Lisa, but there's plenty of talent in this squad. We seem to have lost the ability to do even the basics now...throwing to our own players, stringing more than 2 or 3 passes together. We have plenty of good players here...and I have backed Cooper since he started with us.

Even Grimes can't pass backwards accurately anymore.

There's something strange going on.

What “promotion team”?

Answer my question first - I’ll wait

MrSwerve said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

You can coach a team to be greater or lesser than the sum of their parts, though.

It certainly feels like Cooper is doing the latter at the moment.

Yes, I agree with that.

But I just can’t see the quality some obviously can. I think we lack any speed of thought and speed of foot. Some of our players can’t hit a basic pass and can’t control the ball, it’s why it spends so much time bouncing around or in the air.

I don’t like Cooper very much either, I just also think we’ve a bang average group of players.

eteb said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

What “promotion team”?

Fuck it I’ll go first

Manning over Taylor

Bennett or Guehi over Monk

Ayew over Beattie

eteb said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

What “promotion team”?

A few years ago (actually it was about 10 now - time flies) we were promoted from this division into the premier league. Ask someone about it.

I haven’t seen your question, I tend to skip past your posts to be honest. What was it?

Londonlisa2001 said:

In answer to your question, Guehi & Bennett are both way better than Monk. Ayew better than Dobbie. Woodman and DeVries much of a muchness.

It's a rather arbitrary marker of quality anyway. There's probably a few members of the promotion team who wouldn't look like they could get into the promotion team if Cooper was coaching them rather than Rodgers.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back