• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 20/21: Swansea v Brentford, Championship Play Off Final Match Thread

Who is going to win the play off final ?

• Swansea City

Votes: 40 70.2%
  • Brentford

Votes: 17 29.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
BLAZE said:
Meh. The contrast to 2011 is massive. I couldn't care less if we go up to be honest, for me the unthinkable outcome is Brentford taking the bragging rights

I know how ridiculous that is. I just don't care 🤷‍♂️

I feel exactly the same blaze.

I'm feeling tense, I just hate the fact it's
Brentford in the final, losing to that bunch makes it all the more worse, if it was Bournemouth or Barnsley I wouldn't care, we've got to beat these media darlings and it'll be a sweet and pleasant day.. the Sky love in before the game and commentary will hopefully be wiped away and we crush dreams with Cooperball, f*ck Brentford, f*ck the London television channel, up the Welsh! Come on!

Fireboy said:
BLAZE said:
Meh. The contrast to 2011 is massive. I couldn't care less if we go up to be honest, for me the unthinkable outcome is Brentford taking the bragging rights

I know how ridiculous that is. I just don't care 🤷‍♂️

I feel exactly the same blaze.

You'll feel different on Sunday Ed :D :D
COYS !!

Yeah, the ongoing depression of the Premier League. Going down to watch football games for the vast profits of few individuals.

I am edgy only because this a sliding doors moment. One way lies at least 4 years of financial security, one way lies our first season without parachute payments, and potential oblivion (melodramatic much?).

Literally had just 3 hours kip. Wether it's my age thinking this could be the best chance of getting back in the PL whilst I'm still kicking around.

Captain_Sham said:
I am edgy only because this a sliding doors moment. One way lies at least 4 years of financial security, one way lies our first season without parachute payments, and potential oblivion (melodramatic much?).

It feels like that doesn’t it. If not oblivion, then at least relative obscurity. I think that’s why there’s a different feeling. In 2011 it was adventure and naive excitement of a club with everything that was good and different on the up. Now it feels like a last chance to repair the hole in the ship before the water gets in.

The first half an hour will be very fraught for us I think. If we survive, I think we will score a between 37 and 42 minutes and then try and hold on. And no alcohol...Jesus wept.

I think we will win.

Up until this morning I was feeling relaxed/apathetic about the game. About to set off & that's definitely changed now.

Lots of Jack's around Wembley last night and this morning. Turning it black and white again. Just got to hope for the best!

Nerves are starting to kick in but I couldn’t agree more with people saying that it’s nothing like 2011.

Of course I want to win, but the reasons are totally different this time. Last time I wanted to play all of the big guns, Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, etc...this time the thought of those games is all a bit ‘meh’. I guess we’re lucky that we’ve seen a lot of it over the last 10 years.

My main reason for wanting to win is purely financial this time...the security it will give us will be massive. Even if we come straight back down.

The fact that it’s Brentford too has made it much more exciting. I really don’t want to a) lose to them and b) see them go up. I can’t remember the last time that I wanted to beat a team so strongly, except for Cardiff.

Wanna wish all making the trip a safe journey. We fall out on here at times, but today we are on the same sheet.
Emotions will be through the roof come 3pm. Good luck lads n lasses.

sainthelens said:
Literally had just 3 hours kip. Wether it's my age thinking this could be the best chance of getting back in the PL whilst I'm still kicking around.
Same here buddy. Nightmares too! I know this sounds arrogant, but in 2011 I knew we'd do OK, despite what lazy pundits said. This time, it's the opposite, and I hate watching us lose, even more so thrashed. I can take both those on the chin though if we play the right way, which we're not. I get the financial and oblivion arguments, but for me with a more positive coach we could progress AND play positive football. Hopefully I'm very wrong, and feel better at 5pm. COYS.

Car overturned at Ynysforgan roundabout junction on the M4 so anyone travelling, try and avoid that area. Probably a bit late now anyway but thought I’d share.

i am actually feeling so nervous that i am probably not going to be able to watch it at all....

i am planning to watch stage 20 of the Giro D'Italia instead .... will record the game and watch sometime tomorrow ...... i live far enough away from civilization that spoilers are a non issue

i may not even do that ... might have a peak at the score tomorrow and watch if we won

yes ... that's what i will do

can't watch

as exciting as that Reading game was, i could barely breathe after they had scored their second .... i doubt brentford will be giving us a 3 goal start

i hope that all of you with far more courage than I will enjoy the game and survive any underlying heart defects

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back