• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 20/21: Swansea v Brentford, Championship Play Off Final Match Thread

Who is going to win the play off final ?

• Swansea City

Votes: 40 70.2%
  • Brentford

Votes: 17 29.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
mrploppy said:
SgorioFruit said:
anyone else shitting their pants

No, but pre-match nerves have started to kick in.

Up until 1pm when the beers start flowing , tmrw will be fckn awful. And if it goes tits up...come 5pm will be worse.
BUT...this time tmrw !!!

I'll prob get shot down in flames but i'm a bit ambivalent towards it if i'm being honest with myself if we win we all know there will be very little investment in the team and we'll get a right dicking most weeks, i'm sure must would be happy with that if we can take the coin with us on the way back down, but i loved it last time when we regularly mullered Arsenal et al, just couldn't see it happening next year and fot the record I think Brentford will be too quick for us tomorrow.

Blackpooljack said:
I'll prob get shot down in flames but i'm a bit ambivalent towards it if i'm being honest with myself if we win we all know there will be very little investment in the team and we'll get a right dicking most weeks, i'm sure must would be happy with that if we can take the coin with us on the way back down, but i loved it last time when we regularly mullered Arsenal et al, just couldn't see it happening next year and fot the record I think Brentford will be too quick for us tomorrow.
Shouldn't be too ambivalent pal, we may not get this close again in our lifetimes.

sainthelens said:
Blackpooljack said:
Shouldn't be too ambivalent pal, we may not get this close again in our lifetimes.

Yeah, no harm done, even if it were to turn out a shitshow. We could at least try and beat Derby's record if it really came to it :lol:

Fact is nobody knows what will happen if we make it, so lets make it to find out.

I have a stirring of excitement. I'd be lying if I said it was one millionth of 2011, as I was bouncing the night before and hardly slept. Still remember the stream of cars and coaches on the way up and the scenes around the ground. Sod it, lets have a beer and get in the mood. If we're going to do it, let's f*****g do it.

As a sign of football brotherhood, us Bees fans have seen the attached for tomorrow, as it's doing the rounds on our social media.
Very sorry to hear about Mitchell Powell...RIP

Attachments

• C593826F-65DF-4C8A-9921-F92269DBB1B0.jpeg
    221.5 KB · Views: 2,073
The only thing that pisses me off about Hounslow is that they are considered the footballing side in this tie. They can be favourites all they want and they can have the premier league if they deserve it on the day, but it shows how far we have fallen.

Can't wait for tomorrow, what I'm not looking forward to is 16.45pm, unless we've won of course.
COYS👏👏

Meh. The contrast to 2011 is massive. I couldn't care less if we go up to be honest, for me the unthinkable outcome is Brentford taking the bragging rights

I know how ridiculous that is. I just don't care 🤷‍♂️

I just hope Cooper tells the boys to have no fear, play with freedom, pass it around and attack with style. I really think we are capable, if the shackles are off and the players don't feel compelled to hoof etc.. I don't think that will happen though, and if we win, it'll be by way of a ground out nervy defence of a moment of brilliance. Such is the way!

I also hope the officiating is on point - no incompetent or glory hunting decisions please.

Safe journeys to all fans tomorrow, and COYS.

Jinxy said:
I just hope Cooper tells the boys to have no fear, play with freedom, pass it around and attack with style. I really think we are capable, if the shackles are off and the players don't feel compelled to hoof etc.. I don't think that will happen though, and if we win, it'll be by way of a ground out nervy defence of a moment of brilliance. Such is the way!

I also hope the officiating is on point - no incompetent or glory hunting decisions please.

That made me chuckle. He’ll be telling them the exact opposite. No risk, stay in shape and leather seven shades of shit out of that round leather thing if comes anywhere near. “Tournament football”. Percentages.

And that, to be fair, is probably our best chance the way we have been brainwashed to play for two seasons. We really do need Cooperball to peak tomorrow.

BLAZE said:
Meh. The contrast to 2011 is massive. I couldn't care less if we go up to be honest, for me the unthinkable outcome is Brentford taking the bragging rights

I know how ridiculous that is. I just don't care 🤷‍♂️

You’re not alone. I’d like to win, but if we don’t I won’t be too bothered really. Like I said earlier, being an inferior footballing side to them is a bit shit, but other than that...., meh sums it up.

monmouth said:
Jinxy said:

That made me chuckle. He’ll be telling them the exact opposite. No risk, stay in shape and leather seven shades of s**t out of that round leather thing if comes anywhere near. “Tournament football”. Percentages.

And that, to be fair, is probably our best chance the way we have been brainwashed to play for two seasons. We really do need Cooperball to peak tomorrow.

Glad you were amused. I'm just saying what I'd like, and also said what I think will happen, at best. I think we are agreed, but wouldn't it be nice if we were surprised, and entertained by a good technical toe to toe, and win with pride? It's the hope that kills you eh.

Have to take the sting out of the game. And yes percentages. Rugby type territorial game. Kick for touch. Whatever frustrates the most. It will bother me not a jot how we win, if we win. SuperCooperWang...

Captain_Sham said:
Have to take the sting out of the game. And yes percentages. Rugby type territorial game. Kick for touch. Whatever frustrates the most. It will bother me not a jot how we win, if we win. SuperCooperWang...

If we do that and beat them, it will be the sweetest way. They will combust. I’m looking forward to admiring our defensive shape, and that’s the truth. I watched Villarreal do it on Wednesday and thought, yep, that’s the way. You shall not pass (at least not in our final third). You can go out wide and we defend the middle with our lives. YOU SHALL NOT PASS.

Leicester won the premier league like that, with Kante, Mahrez and Vardy playing the Fulton, Ayew and Lowe roles with a little more panache, admittedly. 🤣

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back