• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 20/21: The Official Derby County v Swansea City Match Thread

What will the result be against Derby?

• Derby win

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Swans win

Votes: 26 72.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fireboy said:
CurtessECarr said:
Let's be honest other than tonking Cardiff we've not been particularly good to watch. We're not racking up chance after chance. Let's see what happens saturday.

Another defeat, Barnsley are on the way up.

I hope no one says Barnsley haven’t won away all season!

We were beaten by a physically stronger team who played at a high tempo in the first half closing us down and we offered nothing. Why did Cooper not make changes from Saturday? On paper it can be said it was our strongest team but he keeps going on about games coming thick and fast and the need to rotate the squad. Ayew looked out on his legs in the last 15 mins in Cardiff but seems unsubable. Also the formation wasn't working, why wait till half time, it could have been changed and subs introduced at HTor later. We showed very little idea know to break through, but high crosses into their 10 foot tall defenders was unbelievable.

STEVE COOPER | IT WAS A POOR NIGHT IN EVERY SENSE

Source: https://www.swanseacity.com/news/steve-cooper-it-was-poor-night-every-sense

Steve Cooper pulled no punches as he admitted Swansea City had produced a poor all-round performance in defeat at Derby County.

First-half goals from Colin Kazim-Richards and Kamil Jozwiak – with the opener arriving in just the fourth minute – condemned the Swans to just a fourth league defeat of the season.

The Rams also hit the woodwork through Jason Knight and Kazim-Richards on a night where the visitors were some way below the levels they have produced for much of the season to date.

The head coach sent on Kasey Palmer, Yan Dhanda and Ryan Manning at the break as he sought a way back into the game, but none was forthcoming.

And Cooper acknowledged the display was a long way below his expectations, and made no excuses in his post-match assessment.

“It was really disappointing,” he said.

“From the first minute we did not do things right, we did not start the game well, including giving the set-piece away softly and how we dealt with it.

“That carried through into the rest of the performance, and we never got a foothold in the game by doing the non-negotiables of attacking and defending.

“Because of that we found ourselves 2-0 down and needed to make a lot of changes at half-time to try and get an impetus in the game but, in the end, we gave ourselves too much to do.

“It just shows if you don’t do things properly you get punished.

“We fell short of the basics of defending for the goals, and on numerous other occasions in the first half. In this league, if you do that, you get punished for it.

“We had to go chasing the game in the second half so maybe we forced things a bit as opposed to working the ball a bit better

“But it was a poor night in every sense of the performance. It’s really disappointing, the players know, and I know, and we have to quickly address it and get ready for the next one.”

3swan said:
We were beaten by a physically stronger team who played at a high tempo in the first half closing us down and we offered nothing. Why did Cooper not make changes from Saturday? On paper it can be said it was our strongest team but he keeps going on about games coming thick and fast and the need to rotate the squad. Ayew looked out on his legs in the last 15 mins in Cardiff but seems unsubable. Also the formation wasn't working, why wait till half time, it could have been changed and subs introduced at HTor later. We showed very little idea know to break through, but high crosses into their 10 foot tall defenders was unbelievable.

I can understand the no changes at the start but it was obvious inside the first 15 minutes that was a mistake to us watching and some of that was fatigue. And if we can see it within 15 minutes of the game starting then Cooper should be able to see it before the game starts given he would have noticed it in training.

Ayew was a passenger for 90 minutes today, Lowe had more in him and yet it was Lowe that was taken off. For all his good points Ayew can be exceptionally frustrating with his throwing himself to the floor, waving his arms around like a petulant child when he doesn't get a free kick and largely going absent when things arent going well

dont get me wrong I would have him in the team as he is genuinely our only real goal threat but our lack of investment in a decent striker last summer haunts us reasonably frequently

I only saw the 2nd half as was working on London but thought overall we looked marginally the better side but we didn't ever look like troubling their keeper. If the 1st half was worse, I'm glad I missed it.

Jinxy said:
PSumbler said:
The simple fact that they have yet to win at home this season worries me alone.

:lol:

Relax Phil - hopefully the swans curse will have a night off eh!

Phil, the next time I suggest you "relax", please respond with "don't do it"! What on earth was I thinking eh...

Poor performance.. we looked very jaded and shame Cooper didn't have the confidence in his squad to make changes for this.

Our defence looked shaky from the first minute and midfield looked second best.

PSumbler said:
Badlands said:
TBH a few games / halves aside tonight’s performance is pretty much on par with the rest of the season.

I'm sorry but that just isn't true.

We were dreadful tonight but you have just suggested that the majority of our points we have been lucky to get and that just isn't true.

There’s something in it though. Cardiff aside, we’ve looked like a 45 minute side to me this season. We can be good and bad in equal measure. Cardiff we were all good, Derby we were all bad. That’s an exception to the generally accepted rule.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back